Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY is it that when something breaks at our house it takes FOREVER to get fixed? I have a very long list and I get tired of bringing it up!! Am I alone on this? I am easy going but this subject just burns me up!! :mad:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Does hubby work on the house every week? I know my tudo list is rather long and somethings take priority over others. Now if hubby is ignoring the list then,well, he's on his own!

B

·
0 Posts
My honey do list for broken things can be dependant on either Scott or the rental property management. You can imagine my irritation level.

I hate nagging too. I usually end up doing it myself or being such a b***h to the rental company they probably hate me already. ;D

This week it is our deck that wobbles so badly when you walk on it that I'm scared we're going to fall to our deaths (or at least a major injury). Oh yeah, and no cold water in our washer. There's actually a long list but those are the major ones.

Then Scott's is stuff like laundry and hanging pictures and getting furniture we don't need out of the garage so we can actually park in there...

Don't you just love feeling like you have to post the list on their forehead????

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No he does not work on the house weekly. He does work quite abit of overtime at his job ..but these things could prolly be done on the weekend. It just mostly little stuff and a few larger projects. I would do them if I could.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I am most handy than SU is so I normally just fix things myself because I know it will take him forever to get to it ::)
He works a lot of overtime too though and when he's home in the evenings he just wants to relax. On the weekends he helps out but not really with things like that normally just mowing any car maintnence...that type of stuff.
I do everything else including building new fences, painting, planting the new grass seed.....

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I'd like to become more like Barbara. It never fails, though. If I've waited long enough for "the project" to be taken care of I finally just dive in and begin on my own. At that precise moment of diving in I hear the ritualistic comment from DH, "Oh! I was just going to do that!"

Yeah. Right. The flippin' Christmas tree is still up for Pete's sake! ::)

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
LOL Nance that's exactly what I get too " I was going to do it" Yeah next summer....no thanks I'll do it myself. I actually love building and doing things like that so I don't mind too much but it's that I do most of the other stuff around the house so it would be nice if I had some help with it or with the other regular chores while I'm doing the projects.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love to call "the guy" but we don't know "the guy" or can afford him either :p I just want to know WHY don't they fix things? If you can't just say I don't know how and then we could go from there....don't just keep saying " yes I need to get that fixed" ::) YA THINK?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Well if I can't fix it myself(and I do mostly cuz I like my sanity) then it takes forever for things to get done. Unless it inconveniences him. Then it becomes a priority.

·
0 Posts
You all OBVIOUSLY are not aware of the unwritten, but irrevocable, "6 Monthe Rule" that provides SUs a minimum of 6 months to complete any project added to the "Honey Do List" before we can be questioned as to why it is not complete. Man Rule

B

·
0 Posts
Normally Man Rules are amusing to me. ;D

But I agree with "if you can't fix it, just say so."

Then the 6 month rule doesn't have to kick in. It will just get fixed, get off the list then you never have to get bugged. Novel concept right? Preemptive strike to keep from getting nagged.

hmmmm... ;)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I can do six months standing on my head. There are things on the list that are a minimum of 3 years old.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
he's been good with somethings that need to be done outside but other things he sucks at. I told him that he was mine for the month of may to get jobs done then he could do whatever he wanted LOL

R

·
0 Posts
If I have stuff I want done I either do it myself or I don't let hubby leave the house to go do anything for anybody until our stuff gets done first. I'm pretty demading when I want to be. lol :angel:
My list is pretty short right now, 1. Pick up the mess he made making a bench in the yard, he sucks at picking up after himself! 2. Till the garden.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
HA!! My husband is a carpenter/builder for a living. Want to see MY list? 8)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
HA!! My husband is a carpenter/builder for a living. Want to see MY list? 8)
Aren't you a production planner/scheduler ? That's a hell of a team!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I don't have a honey to do list. My honey doesn't do much. bwahwhahaha. He just isn't handy, bless his heart. Although, he is helping build our deck, so I'm hoping this inspires him to be a little more handy.

But when I do have something for him to do, it takes awhile to get it done.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Aren't you a production planner/scheduler ? That's a hell of a team!
:angel:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Don't even get me started on this subject. I'm having a good day. :laugh:
My husband is the all time worst. Our floors still aren't finished. He started them in November of '05.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts