Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just found cookbook wiki. it has lots and lots of dog food receipes. click on dish types and look for dog food. there was tons! ;D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Wow...there really needs to be a disclaimer on those recipes. The grains are one thing, but they are horrifically unbalanced and should not constitute more than 15% or so of a dog's diet. I hope people don't start feeding this exclusively.
If people wanted to prepare these types of meals, they would need to be balanced with bone meal powder for proper Ca to Ph ratio.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I merely thought the site had some good recipes and only briefly looked, i like to make my own biscuits and training treats so i thought i'd share the site - i would not feed these dishes everyday but perhaps on occassion.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I never knew this site existed...I am going to search for recipes for me ;D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fallriver me too!! ;D

·
Registered
412 Posts
While you are at it, make me something as well (both of you ::) The last time I made liver treats I am not sure who ate more whether me or the dog ::)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chocolata - i hate liver so i never taste test!!!! ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The last time I made liver treats I am not sure who ate more whether me or the dog
Are you crazy :eek: ???
I can picture you with your puppy at your first specialty, both of you sharing the bait in the ring ;D
I usually use string cheese or something that I can pop into my mouth so I don't have to reach into my pocket. One day at Pawcatuck, Chili won Open Chocolate and we had to go right back in for winner's *****. I was out of bait so somebody gave me some more. Without thinking, I popped some in my mouth right before the judge went over the dog, and I just about died :eek: I have no idea what it was, but I'm sure it had liver in it. No liver for me thanks :angel:

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
FallRiver said:
I usually use string cheese or something that I can pop into my mouth so I don't have to reach into my pocket.
Yeah, until the day I went to do the go around and I swolled the chicken whole!!! :p About choked myself!!! LOL! Never claimed to be able to chew gum and walk at the same time! How on earth Caleb and I got our HIT's I'll never know--he did it despite me!!! :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
412 Posts
FallRiver said:
Are you crazy :eek: ???
YES :eek:

When my grandma (this is in Eastern Europe) had chickens, pigs, cows, etc. we used to eat all kinds of organs - or course cooked ones!

FallRiver said:
I can picture you with your puppy at your first specialty, both of you sharing the bait in the ring ;D
I can see myself doing that too. If that puppy seems too skinny, let me know :p :p

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
CHOCOLATA said:
If that puppy seems too skinny, let me know :p :p
My grandmother was from Hungry and trust me, none of us were really skinny!!! "Eat!!!!!!!!!!! Eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Too funny :D ;D
Hey, Zlata...would you try green tripe?
That is how I torment my niece...she is in university and a starving student, so we make her eat gross things for money when we take her out to dinner :angel: ;D
Our family is Irish, so not very experimental when it comes to diet...meat and potatoes. I try to avoid meat, so just fake veggie meat and potatoes for me 8)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dana - tripe, I don't think so :-[ Thank God I am a working student and not part of your family 8)
It is enough that I have to touch it when I prepare it for Miss "I love stinky food" = Chocolata.
Actually, as far as organs eating we are pretty traditional. When people in the country slaughtered their pig (about once or twice a year to have meat supply) - the stuff such as liver, kidney, heart, and tongue were available to eat at first. I considered that something special :p Oh, and everything was cooked. Remember though this is almost 20 years ago - we had no idea what hormones, antibiotics, etc. were.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts