Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow... I had a GREAT time at the Potomac. I got to meet so many JL'ers and we all had a blast. Except for one minor thing... it was
FREEEEEEEEEZING!!!!!!.... I did not bring the appropriate clothing for FREEZING temps, 40 mph wind gusts and 2 days of rain. All of our clothing and boots are covered in mud lol.

Saw some gorgeous dogs there. I got to meet Laura, Aidan's breeder and he got to meet his Dad, Seamus and Aunt Shanny.
Everything ever said about Shanny is 100% TRUE! The first day there she kept sitting next to me. Next thing I know she is handing me the bag of Bil Jac liver treats she PICKPOCKETED out of my backpack!!!!!! lmao So, I opened them up and gave her one, of course. Laura said " Oh great, just reward her for being a thief". I dont think Shanny is going to change anytime soon lol.
Aidan and Seamus were really sweet together. Aidan wanted to be off leash and run like wild through the show and Seamus wanted to accompany him. They were both play bowing to one another and starting to wrassle. Shanny wanted nothing to do with either of them. She wanted whatever anyone had in their pockets.
I had dinner with the Dune Buggy gang and get to tell you all that Scotty PASSED and got 3rd in obedience. So he now has his CD...
CONGRATS SCOTTY AND TATYANA!
Julie also did well with Monty. Monty placed 4th in sweepa. Some of the classes had 37, 43 dogs in them. One class took 3 hours to judge :eek: I have some great video of Julie in the ring with Monty that I'll upload later and share with you guys.

I learned a lot while there. It's great to be able to see a dog you like and have admired in action. The people are great also. Everyone is friendly and more than willing to explain things to you and share their knowledge. If you ever get a chance to attend..GO.
I hope next year is a bit warmer and better weather but regardless, I'll be there with a little more experience under my belt.

Some exciting news for us... Laura (Labby) now co-owns Aidan and we are switching his registration from limited to Full so that we can show him. :D The paperwork has been sent into the AKC and we are just waiting to get it back so I can enter him in some shows. The pork chop is turning out nicely so far and we hope this continues. I'm lucky to have someone like Laura to work with. She has forgotten more than I know about Labs, conformation, showing, etc.
I also got to see Libby's BabyDaddy lol...and wow he is a knockout! Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that things went well and that the Labby Cam will be used in a few weeks. ;)
Sheila brought Beau with her... Beau is just the sweetest little goofball. Ok so he's not so little lol. He thinks he is a lapdog and also gives the best hugs ever. He wraps both his arms around your neck and wants a hug. Adorable.
Stacey Im sorry you didnt make it. I have got your Superbowl prizes and will keep them for the Lab Fest. I hope Abby is feeling better.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Laura (Labby) now co-owns Aidan and we are switching his registration from limited to Full so that we can show him.
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! ;D Excellent news Susan.

Sounds like you all had so much fun. I would love to go sometime.
Congrats to all who excelled!

S

·
0 Posts
Oh thanks for this update. I've been watching for news from Potomac.

Tatyana and Scotty, Julie and Monty, Nicole and Piper - wow, congratulations and well done!

And good luck to you and Aiden in the ring. That's exciting. He's a very handsome boy!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
WOW!! Sounds like a wonderful time! Thank you for the update =)

Congrats Tatyana & Scotty, and Julie & Monty!!

Exciting news about you showing the Pork Chop! :)

LMAO @ Shanny stealing your treats! :D

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, Nicole got her first leg towards her RN with Piper- CONGRATS!! Piper is adorable.

And Monty took 4th in sweeps!!!! Julie is coming home with a rosette from the Potomac. woohoo!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Wow! Will that be Ch. Porkchop soon? :D

Congratulations to Julie and Monty! That is a great achievement. And WTG Piper and Nicole, Tatyana and Scotty!

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Wow! What a great opportunity.
So much good news in one post..where to start!
Congrats on your new co-ownership with Laura.
Congrats to Tatyana and Scotty, Nicole and Piper and Julie and Monty! :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Did Julie fly out with Monty?

Susan, who will be showing Aidan? You? Jeff?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Wow - what a great trip. It sounds like you had such a great time. What a better way to spend time with friends and their dogs!

WTG Tatyana & Scotty (I'm not surprised) and Julie & Monty! They had quite a trip to get to the Potomac! I'm assuming Julie got 4th in conformation!?

Can't wait to hear how you all do with Aidan now! You will learn so much.

Thanks for the great, great update!

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Congrats to all!! Sounds like a wonderful time I would love to meet some of you one day maybe I need to try to make it to one of the shows. Does anyone come to the Louisville show? It's normally held in Feb or March. (they just had one)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
thanks for a great update susan!
i love the shanny stories!
sounds like you all had a great time, and congrats to all!

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
AWESOME!!! :D :D Sounds like you all had a great time at the show.

Congratulations Tatyana & Scotty, Julie & Monty and Nicole & Piper!!!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
WTG everyone. Glad you had a great time. Also congrads on the co op for Aidan. He is such a handsom young man. Can't wait to hear all the stories. ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Thanks for all the updates! Congratulations to all who did well! You didn't by chance see Pat's earrings when you were around Shanny did you? That Shanny girl, she is something else. Can only imagine the kind of trouble she and The Mess Pot will get into at this year's prom. ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wow, sounds like a great time was had by all!!!! Congrats to Julie and Monty, Nicole and Piper, and Tatyana and Scotty. And perhaps we shall see Mr. Porkchop at the big P next year???? ;)

I can't wait till next year. It WILL be my first year at the Potomac. So TONS of questions will be asked once everyone gets home and settled in! What is it now, like 360 days till the next Potomac!!! ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts