1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Some singin' and dancin'?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Whatever you want that's the best part! I love my husband but I would love to have a few days just by myself sometime.
I travel 3-4 days a week every week and have been for most of my adult life. I'm rarely home alone. I'm away from home alone. Lorri on the other hand is home alone alot. She says she's bored sometimes. Our two chuckle heads entertain her quite a bit.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So...the pups definately benefit....longer walks....I have to keep busy!! I guess I'll go bundle up (it's coooold outside and windy) and we'll go for yet ANOTHER jaunt around the neighborhood. The pups could get used to this!! (It's our 3rd for the day...LOL)! :D

PS: I have no clue how to post my siggy photo or any photo for that matter!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
When Tud used to be away from home for a few days or a week's time, the first night was always awkward and uncomfortable for me. I didn't like the change in the rhythm of the house and I missed him.

But by night two? Ooooooooo! I found all kinds of (rather boring) things to do without having my "manager" on board!

I'd maybe watch a movie I knew he wouldn't really enjoy, I'd straighten out kitchen cupboards, I'd do longer outs with Paddy, I'd just sit and watch a sunset with my own thoughts running through my head... I did lots of quiet, semi-busy little things that made me happy just because they were so mundane.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
John's been gone more than he's been here since mid-January :( I always felt kind of bad that I never lived "alone" in my life - now I'm glad I didn't, apparently I'm not very good at entertaining myself.

Making cookies or bread can be fun and entertaining - or those Whoopie Pies Anne posted yesterday! Yum!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Do you sit around in your underwear watching TV, eating cold pizza, drinking beer, and scratching yourself wherever you want?

Me either. I, umm, never do that when I'm home alone.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I have kept busy and kept my clothes on the whole time!!

I'm going to relax in bed and watch some TV and just enjoy the quiet!!

Have a great night everyone!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I have lived alone before, so being home alone was not new to me when Bill started traveling. I love being able to do what I want, when I want, with no one else to consider besides the pups. If I want green beans or artichokes or an ice cream bar or nothing for dinner, I have it! ;) If I want to get in my jammies at 7:00, I do. I can read a book for hours (with breaks for the boys), clean my closet, or do crafts with no one wondering why I'm 'wasting time' like that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL....this "free time" is costing me a lot of money!
Never knew there was a beauty supply store so close by!:)

Guess what we're going to do now??? Go for a walk with the furkids...whad'ya expect???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts