Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday's high is 36c/96f!!

sonofagun that's hot!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Any humidity in that forecast?

That temp makes it hard to breathe outside and that's when I live in a house with A/C, drive to work with A/C and work in a place with A/C. The steps to and from the car are torture.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ugh.. the a/c in my truck needs tweaking.. it's not working right now at all.. i think it needs freeon or whatever the gas is.

We always have high humidity around here.. so that goes w/o saying.. although toronto is MUCH worse for that.. it's pretty much hell on earth down there.. but tonight it's 96%. Ick.

Thank god my house has central air.. first place i ever stayed that had it.. my previous apt got so hot in the summer, i had to go to my parents place to sleep.

never again!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Michigan being surrounded by huge-assed lakes is humid too. lol I think I'm getting rid of the headbands and just going for ponytails for awhile.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's what i was thinking, laura.. some big hair clips and headbands.. i don't even want to look at my hair dryer this week.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
i've been in a pony tail all weekend and i don't think i have heard the a/c shut off upstairs. can't wait to see what the electric bill will be!!! dogs are even being slugs.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
That's what it's going to be in the Southwest US next week, too. A little bit early in the summer for those extremes, but not unheard of. But up there?!? Where you are?!? Holy misery!

You know the drills for you and the dogs. Lots of clear fluids, pace your physical activities, don't go out in the noon-day sun, Ahhhhhh! GAZEBO! Avec a petit fan, perhaps?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Please, Please send it our way, its in the 60's here. I'm cold and I'm sick/ tired of it:mad: We had nice weather a few weeks ago, and then nothing but grey, grey and more grey! BLACH I was so close to taking the top off of my Jeep, but nope, to cold : (

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
We've had close to that the last couple weeks, supposed to only be in the middle 80's this week.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I know Kel!! Isn't it nice for a change though? I always enjoy the first hot spell, and then grumble for the rest. The first is my fav though - to feel that hot warm air/sun on your skin after those cold grey days of winter, there's nothing quite like it. The dogs and Johnny and I went down to the river today to cool off for a bit, it was nice.

Do Tucker and Koda have a doggie pool yet?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Upper 90s here too...above avg for June. But our AC has been on since April. High humidity goes without saying.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I LOVE IT!!!

Ok. I won't be saying that by Wednesday I am sure. But I always love to first week of really hot weather.

I think I'm going to be buying some headbands today. lol

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yea well we've had rain the last 17 of 21 days...over 8 inches this month. I forget what the sun looks like. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Gonna be in the 90s this week here also. Humidity was thick this morning. Turned ACs on before I left for work this morning. Don't want the dogs getting too hot while they are sleeping. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts