1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EC.

Snipped.

Oy.

She's 61. Can't imagine what she's going to do.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I am not rejoicing... but I AM glad they kept you Dan... even if it meant that she got fired.

I'd be so pissed if there were layoffs at my company and I got fired before my useless coworker.

I do hope she is okay though. I don't wish any harm/bad stuff on her.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
HOLY FARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously?! When - this morning?
Well, at 61 she should be ready to retire. She gets her pension, right?

I'm so happy that they kept you. It's nice to know that your company appreciates you, isn't it?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
It's still a bit scary when people around you go, isn't it? I hope she's okay.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh my, I am sorry to hear that, Dan. :( It's always bad when people are laid off, whether you liked them personally or not. I am glad that you are safe and I pray it remains that way.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i would imagine that gave her an early retirement. companies usually do that when someone is that close to retirement age. i hope so, anyway.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I hope they did right by her and offered her some kind of early retirement package. Not all companies have a pension or retirement to give someone though - my company doesn't.

I'm glad you're still there though, Dan. I hope it continues to stick.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Denny, you are such a strange bird. LOL

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am grateful to still be here. I am going to be one busy survivor.

She's saying she does not have the finances to retire. I'm sure the crappy performance of our 401(k) over the past year or so hasn't helped. Even maintaining health insurance is going to be a sock in the financial nose.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
It's still a bit scary when people around you go, isn't it? I hope she's okay.
Isn't that the truth. Cuts down on the number of people between you and the door.

Glad it wasn't you, Dan.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Scary indeed - it does' however, probably mean that what was pushed off on you was noticed, even if not commented on. Hope she finds something she enjoys to fill her hours and paycheck!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts