Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not literally holy, but oh man. I took Abbey and Toby to a dog park I've never been too. It's realllly wide open, but it's not very big. When we walked in, everything looked dry. Toby took off running at full speed towards the end of the park, right into a mud puddle that I couldn't see. AHH.

So then a bunch of other dogs showed up (mostly Labs!!) and they were all playing fetch and chasing each other. Toby never dried off and then decided it was a good idea to rub allll over my light grey interior of the car. I had towels on the back of the front two seats and a waterproof cover over the backseat. He wiggled all over the place and moved the towels and the tarp. :eek:

Anyways, here is my bathtub after hosing off Abbey and Toby..!

Toby in his version of heaven!

And a crappy cell phone video of the two in the mud!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Justine, next time, let them dry off, then brush them off. The dirt will all come off and you won't need the baths. The boys get filthy at the park we take them to, and that's all we ever do. Works like a charm!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Justine, next time, let them dry off, then brush them off. The dirt will all come off and you won't need the baths. The boys get filthy at the park we take them to, and that's all we ever do. Works like a charm!
I had them out of the water/mud for almost an hour at the park and Toby would NOT dry off. He kept trying to shake it off, but he was still soaked with mud when we got in the car and home. Abbey dried off mostly and all of the dirt fell off.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Was it a dog park in the Lansing area? That is so funny, Abby chasing after him . . . "Come on Toby play with me." Toby just wanted to wallow in the mud. Was he a pig in another life? Good thing he is chocolate, couldn't even tell he was dirty! :)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
That reminds me of the time I took Jo to one of the Labrador club outings. :D About 50 Labs of which about 20 were black, running around a 26 acre property. When they finally came back, they were all covered in mud. It took a while to figure out which dog was mine. I hosed him off before I put him in the car but he still made a hell of a mess. Just not as bad as yours. :D

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was it a dog park in the Lansing area? That is so funny, Abby chasing after him . . . "Come on Toby play with me." Toby just wanted to wallow in the mud. Was he a pig in another life? Good thing he is chocolate, couldn't even tell he was dirty! :)
Yeah, its a small one in East Lansing. :)

When he started to dry, he turned grey, so I knew he was dirty! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.