Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got a traffic ticket a couple of weeks ago. They put up a brand new "No left turn sign" in a place where I always had made a left turn. A cop pulled me over and gave me a traffic ticket. Well my insurance card had expired and I didnt have my new card in the glove box. So I was suppose to go down to the courthouse and prove that I did have insurance and that fine would be dismissed. I had until 8am today to do that.

Well, stupid me, I forgot!

I called the courthouse and they said the sherrifs office has a bench warrant in my name. :eek: I about fainted.
If I were to get pulled over they would arrest me!
They said I need to go to the sherrifs office tommorrow morning and turn myself in! They will issue me a 10am court date and I have to go to court and show the judge my proof of insurance and then he will dismiss the charges.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
OMG!! :eek: :eek:

Take all you children. That may help them understand why you forgot.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Thank God they are on top of busy taxpayers who might forget once in awhile. It gives all the rapists,crack dealers and murderers a little breathing room.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
For a TRAFFIC ticket?! That seems excessive.

I hope you get it straightened out tomorrow. Sounds like it's pretty straighforward.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been there done that. Samething kind of. I got a speeding ticket. I paid it and to pay less and not to get the point I said I was going to take the class. Two months later I never took the class. They sent a letter to the house I couldnt drive for like a month. I didnt have a license and I had the warrant and I just knew even driving to the publix across the street from the house I would get pulled over. It took about a month for them to get my name off the list and reissue me my license.

Oh and by the way that was my first ticket ever. So in a way I learned my lesson. I hope everything works out for you. Might want to have someone drive you down to the office to turn your self in. If I cop pulls you over it might not be that easy. Plus you dont want to ride in the back of the cop car and be hand cuffed. GOOD LUCK.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ITs totally crazy. I've never even set foot in a police station or court before. I had to call back to see if I was going to have a criminal record. The lady laughed. I'm here shaking and freaking out and I do not need this woman laughing. I guess it sounds all worse than it is. She said dont worry about it.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I had that happen once, it was a hassle, got pulled over on a vehicle check,I wasn't the wanted person, but had a warrent. Went to jail at supper time and didn't get a phone call for almost two hours. Work called to see what happened, wife called every hospital cause I was also havin' medical problems at the time. The search party of my brother and nephew found my car, locked on a side street with my cell phone in it. My GI problems got to me, I threw up and got the dry heaves. They were going to take me to the ER after I told the nurse what my problems were, in handcuffs no less. ::)

By then I had got to use the phone and my wife was rounding up $200 cash, so I got out of that. She was on the phone tryin' to file a missing persons report when I called. ::) The SOB's set my court date for a month later and I couldn't drive. ::) I had a car I had problems licensing and found out at the same time I had not renewed my licese a week before. I thought it was all taken care of, but no, some how it wasn't. Don't drive, if you get stopped you will go to jail, go directly to jail, you won't get to pass go and it might cost $200 to get you out. ;D

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Take your checkbook and cash in case there is a fine. You never know.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IzzyLucyWillie said:
That sucks!!!
When you turn yourself in will you be fingerprinted and a mug shot taken?
I never thought of that!!!!!!! :eek: I sure hope not!

I'm like "miss-goody-two-shoes" I can't believe all this because I didnt show my insurance card!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At least you can have peace of mind that the judicial system there is so underburdened that it has time to issue bench warrants for insurance cards!! :D Don't worry, it will all be cleared up once they see your card.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Felony cranial flatuence? I've seen your type on Post office wall. ;D ;D

Show the card you'll be fine. It's much easier for the judicial system to pursue you than real criminals.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Hey if they finger print you and they are up to date you won't even get ink on yer fingers, most places now use a digital scanner. ::)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
The absurdity of this has just hit me. You didn't have your insurance card, and you made an illegal left. Wow, you're a regular Lee Harvey Oswald. ::) I can't believe that they don't have better things to do, like arresting bank robbers and and murderers. Its appalling when you really think about it.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
MickeysMommy said:
The absurdity of this has just hit me. You didn't have your insurance card, and you made an illegal left. Wow, you're a regular Lee Harvey Oswald. ::) I can't believe that they don't have better things to do, like arresting bank robbers and and murderers. Its appalling when you really think about it.
So true.

A side: There are 2 police officers who stand on the sidewalk on a busy street waiting for jaywalkers so they can issue fines. Well duh...if people see the officers, of course they're not going to jaywalk. They just stand around for hours doing nothing. ::) oh lah.

okay...back to Laurie's dilemma...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had a warrant for my arrest served to me at work once. I was about 19, didn't pay a parking ticket. Small town, almost 30 years ago and that's what the cops did.

Several years later, hubby was in the shower and an officer showed up to serve him! lol

We both knew the officer and so I was chit chatting with him and offered him a coffee. Gary got out of the shower and Dean (the cop) said Gary I have to arrest you. He was joking of course and just told Gary to go pay the ticket in the morning.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts