·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm smiling. :D

http://www.nbc.com/Law_&_Order:_Special_Victims_Unit/bios/adam.shtml

ADAM BEACH
Det. Chester Lake

Adam Beach joins the cast of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Detective "Chester Lake", an SVU detective from Brooklyn, for the show's upcoming ninth season. The role will mark Beach's return to television since his appearances on "JAG" and "Third Watch" as he has been busy with a successful film career.

Beach's character, Chester Lake, was first introduced to the series in its eighth season when he joined forces with Det. Odafin Tutola (Ice-T) to track down a rapist who had struck in Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Beach can be seen in Clint Eastwood's critically acclaimed Flags of Our Fathers, in a role, as one of the flag raisers on Iwo Jima, which earned him a Satellite Award Nomination. Beach has also just finished filming the HBO film adaptation of the book Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee, which was produced by Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Executive Producer **** Wolf.

Adding to Beach's impressive film resume are many other studio and independent feature films such as The Big Empty, The Art of Woo, Posers, Last Stop, Now and Forever, My Indian Summer (Best Actor In A Feature Film by First Americans In The Arts), A Boy Called Hate, Joe Dirt, and Mystery, Alaska.

Beach has also appeared in numerous television shows including The Dead Zone, Lonesome Dove, Touched By An Angel, Walker, Texas Ranger, Madison, Dead Man's Gun, a co-starring role as Charlie in CBC's The Rez, and guest- starring on First Wave. In Canada, Beach will next star in Moose TV, a limited-run comedy series for Canadian television.

Beach was born in Manitoba, Canada, and began acting in Winnipeg when he was a teenager. At he age of 16, he was introduced to an extras casting director and the meeting landed him a spot in his first film, Lost in the Barrens.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
We are HUGE Law & Order junkies. Until that recent thread Laura started about Adam Beach I wouldn't have known who he was. I'm going to REALLY enjoy the new season! :D

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You and me both Nance. Gotta go to Costco and get some paper towels for all the drool. ;)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
...Beach can be seen in Clint Eastwood's critically acclaimed Flags of Our Fathers, in a role, as one of the flag raisers on Iwo Jima, which earned him a Satellite Award Nomination...
That was Ira Hayes he played. It wasn't until I saw something about the life of Johnny Cash that I realized Ira Hayes was a real person. Until then, I always thought that was a made up character in the song.

Wasn't Beach also in the movie "Wind Talkers"?

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Law and Order is one of the best shows every made for television. ( I like the Shield too ) and I will STILL watch the old ones now in re-runs and enjoy them all over again.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I really liked his character on TW (still an all-time favorite-I watch the reruns at 1am on the weekend!)
:)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
WeHeartLabs said:
Law and Order is one of the best shows every made for television. ( I like the Shield too ) and I will STILL watch the old ones now in re-runs and enjoy them all over again.
Same here. In fact, that's how I got hooked. When Ken was working out west a few years ago, I passed the time watching old L&Os.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts