Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Luke bit Bo pretty good on the chest the other night. There was a single puncture wound. I have kept it clean and tried to keep it draining, but I am probably going to have to take him to the vet now.

How would any of you have better done this incident? I am not one for giving antibiotics, but I don't think I have a choice now. Help would be appreciated. Off to do a search for past topics now.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I use Oxyfresh's oral solution or gel--it bonds with the bacteria to neutralize it. I use it on myself when I get a bite at the training center.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yellow Boys Mom said:
I use Oxyfresh's oral solution or gel--it bonds with the bacteria to neutralize it. I use it on myself when I get a bite at the training center.
Where do you get this?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I would get some arnica and use that. Otherwise, just keep the wound clean or try the Oxyfresh product.
You do not need antibiotics...vets always try to push these with bites. Keep your eye on it, and if it becomes red, hot or oozy, then you can take him for antibiotics. Ideally, you can give him a natural antibiotic...I would recommend Vibactra Plus. Go the the Ambertech website and you will find where to get it from there. It is handy to have around and it's all I've every used. I've never used antiobiotics after surgery or bite wounds and haven't regretted it yet.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is hot today, and he is in a very bad mood. It is hard and fluid filled. I have been diligent in cleaning it, but it is still looking like it is absessing. The closest place that has the Vibactra is Austin or Dallas area. I plan to get some of the things recommended for the next time. I don't want to risk letting this go any longer. As much as I hate to give medical antibiotics, I don't think I have a choice right now.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
FallRiver said:
I would get some arnica and use that.
How long after can you still give the arnica though? I heard it was for immediately afterwards. know I now carry some in my purse for me and Caleb. Used it when I got bit at the training center along with washing out with the Oxyfresh solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts