Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every night when we finish dinner, HK and I head off to one of the closer DPs. DW seldom comes along, but she did last night. She had a good time talking to several, maybe a half dozen, of the other owners. Apparently, more than one of them made some comment to her about how I try to help them all with their dogs, give them ideas, and am just a general nice guy.

I thought that was nice of them as she was telling me on the way home. Then she says, 'I figured out why you take HK to the DP every night. I don't think she needs to go every night.'

Me: 'What is that all about? I take her to get her some exercise and talk with dog people. Why do you think we go?'

DW: 'Do you really think I didn't notice how young and attractive those women were?'

Uh! Oh! she noticed.

Me: 'Uh! Oh! I am 64 years old and you are getting jealous? Those women look at me as a nice dog owner that is old enough to be their father.'

End of conversation. HK will be going to the DP tonight, with or without DW.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
:) LOL - Oh my goodness - how cute!! Maybe she needs to go with you occasionally to mark her territory (so to speak). That is very sweet to know that she loves you so much. Keep taking HK to the DP. :D

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Doesn't matter your age, my friend. A dog is a chick magnet. And a LAB is a chick magnet +100.

You could only improve your situation by bringing a baby in a stroller. That's a chick magnet +1,000.

And bringing a baby AND a LAB, well, you'd be fighting them off w/a stick!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Pretty girls at the Minnetonka Dog Park!!! I may have to make the trek down to your neck of the woods!

Or tell the wife that you will start going to the Crow Hassen dog park!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Awww, take it as a compliment that your DW still finds you steamy enough to ward off the young babes!:p

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DW was just trying to pull my chain, something we do to each other to keep things interesting. I guess everyone missed that it was DW that was talking to the attractive young ladies while I was playing with the dogs.

Regarding the Labs being chick magnets. Whenever what appears to be a young guy posts here about getting a new pup and looking for name suggestions, I always suggest Magnet, because that is what they are.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I love the relationship you two have!! Much like me and my DH. We kid each other but seriously, he is the sexiest, good looking, adorable man in my eyes!!! After 15 years, he still has it and it will only get better. Just like you!!!:D

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
That is sweet. Labs are a chick magnet. When we go on vacation & I go to the restroom, when I come out I find SU talking to some young thing who is petting the dogs. :D like your wife....I kid him too.

I guess that's why they get long walks on the beach too. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts