Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sheesh!

Do you have this issue w/your humans?? Dad was BEET RED in the face, yelling at me, grabbing my collar, bellowing... something about mess, smell, blah-blah-blah. Who listens when they get that way?

All I did... Really ALL I DID... was enjoy a pleasure I haven't indulged in in years. Literally YEARS.

And he goes ballistic.

We're out for our morning walk Saturday. Sun's coming up. It's shaping up to be a good day.

Niff. Pee. Poo. The usual.

And then.... Snixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.... Oh, that scent. The aroma! The beautiful bouquet of something rich and evocative, that certain something that just wafts its enticement, having recently come out of the back end of -- whatever (does it really matter) -- and festered in the sun for a day or two.

I ask you, Labrapals. Is there anything better????

And who could leave such a treasure? Really. WHO?

And so I oh-so-innocently trot over to this shangra-la of scent and BREATHE in the fragrance... And I just HAVE to bring some home with me. It was just too good to pass up.

And so I lower my head and DIP MY NECK into it. AHHHH!! It gets all matted into that thick fur around my neck -- a cologne of the finest vintage.

And then DAD FINALLY NOTICES and ka-blooey! Has a conniption. Next thing I know, I'm on the bad-ass end of the garden hose, while he's yadda-yadda about... whatever.......

Some people! HRRMPH!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Wes,

Man, I know what you mean about enticing aroma. This morning we were out walking, and I smelled something delicous off the side of the road. I pretended that I had to go potty, and momma stopped to let me go. As soon as I walked a few steps into the grass . . . instead of peeing I too did the duck and roll. I grossly underestimated the slope on the side of the road, and rolled right past my intended target. My momma didn't understand it either, and quickly turned and kept walking. She didn't even let me have a second go at the lovely smell. So for now, I still just smell like myself.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Well, this must have been the morning for it. Took my two for a walk in the woods at 6 AM and Libby was lagging behind. By the time she caught up to us I could smell her coming! YUK! That hose water is really cold at 6 in the morning! Not what I planned to do before work.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Fantastic!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I understand completely Wes! I let my big brother Skippy do the real work of rolling in somethin good, but being of the more feminine persuasion, I chose to just dip myself in some the neighbors stream, where his cows are, and had the most lovely, gentle wafting of odor around me - but MOM kept sniffing her nose around me, then breathing deep in my coat, then "tut,tutting" around, till finally she took me to basement where she made me STAND STILL while she sprayed me with a bottle a "leesterene" and water - and you know how I HATE to be near spray bottles - and I didn't do nothin wrong!!! I thought I smelled reel funny after that , but mamma was pleased and gave me a biscuit!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Dear Wes,

Next time, you gotta just wolf it down, buddy. Then you have plenty of time to enjoy it whilst it rumbles around in your stomach, and then when you barf it back up, it's that sweet aroma... but BETTER. ;)

Just sayin'.

Your pal, Henery... I eat poop and I'm proud of it!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Wes,

I don't like those smelly things myself as I am too much of a girlee girl but my cousin Cierra says there is nothing better than stealing one of the the oyster I am sharing with Pa you know the kind that comes in a can. She really likes her oyster rolls then when she is done I gets to eat it...so you see we shares. Besides then I can lick her and she smells good all day. She also likes to roll in my salmon or sardines....so you might see if dad will let you have some canned fish...eat most of it...roll in a little and once the perfume is perfect eat what you were rolling in.

In the meantime keep trying to roll in the pleasant odors on your walk you know how easy it is to wear your humans down...they are to lazy to hose us off after every walk you know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts