Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoppy was absolutely hilarious at dock diving practice yesterday. He retrieved from the shore several times and had such a good time. I tried to get him to go in off the dock, but he was hesitant....of course.

I even got in the water and tried to get him to jump to me, but still no go. Then I got out his favorite thing in the world.....peanut butter.

He wanted it soooooo badly!

But it was just so far down there.....all of about a foot!

He tried sticking out his tongue as far as he could. If that tongue was only 1 inch longer!

Nope. Not this time. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I love Hoppy pics!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hoppy should be the poster dog for all of those other non-jumpers. I think DockDogs should pay you to bring Hoppy to events just for the entertainment value. He is a hoot.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
He's so cute and lovable, like a big teddy bear. Judy is my Hoppy; she loves to swim but doesn't jump. She did try it once a few years ago, didn't like it and never jumped again.
Is there anywhere you can take Hoppy to a dock only a few inches above water level?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is there anywhere you can take Hoppy to a dock only a few inches above water level?
Yep....been there, done that. Same results. But honestly, if he never jumps, that's fine with me. He enjoys being with the rest of his pack....he enjoys running and playing with them and retrieving in the water. We'll keep trying, but I don't want him thinking he absolutely has to go off the dock.

I just want to keep it fun. :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
HA HA Nancy, those are hysterical!! :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts