Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Boo Man and I were in London this weekend for his first dockdogs competition!

He was a *little* nervous at first, doing a bit of dancing and whining at the end of the dock, quite possibly a bit of stage fright as the crowd was pretty big. But, he took the leap eventually! He placed third in his first wave with a jump of 8 feet 6 inches, and first in his second wave with a jump of 9 feet 3 inches. Third wave he placed second with a jump of 9 feet 2 inches and in his last wave he won first again with a jump of 9 feet 1 inch. All that secured him a spot in the novice jump off!

In the jump off he pulled out a personal best of 10 feet 9 inches, earning him second place overall in the novice division, not bad for his first time out! Woooot!!!

He's progressively jumping bigger and gaining confidence, and I think I'm hooked on yet another dog sport, LOL!

Anyhoo, I had Dan come along and photo-document!

Here he is at first, a little nervous in practice. You can see someone is splashing at the side to encourage him to go. There were probably three or four people shouting encouragement to him, everyone was so good to us newbies!

Off he goes!

High flying Boo man!

And a VERY tired boy posing with all his "loot" from the weekend.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Kate that is so cool that you got to try Dock Dogs with Baloo! Daisy is going to be starting soon and I am so pumped!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. Great job Baloo!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great job Baloo! You did wonderful for your first time off the docks. I know your Mama is really proud. Kate, the pictures are super - be sure to encourage the photographer too! :) Sometimes those action shots are hard to catch - he got some terrific ones. It looks like such fun!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
He's FLYING!! Wheeeee!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Good job Baloo!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts