Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking in quickly ot let you know that we were able to get the Z3 out of the garage on Tuesday despite oer a foot of snow that fell on Monday and Tuesday.

We made it to Highlands, North Carolina on Thursday with a group of friends. We've got about 30 total Z3s/Z4s here at drove up to run a stretch of road called The Tail of The Dragon today - 318 significant curves in an 11 mile stretch. Perfect weather to put the top down on the car and enjoy the run. There was some guy taking pictures along the route so I should have a pic to post of my run sometime next week. :D

Two more days of driving before we head home. Tonight we just sat around the lodge talking and laughing with friends- man did I need this vacation!!

See you all next week1!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
make sure to post some pics. my husband talks about his Z3 and how he wishes he had kept it. but with the ohio winters and it was his primary driver, it was horrible so it was traded in. have a great time.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2labsmom said:
make sure to post some pics. my husband talks about his Z3 and how he wishes he had kept it. but with the ohio winters and it was his primary driver, it was horrible so it was traded in. have a great time.
We have great friends here from Cincinatti - they've been driving with us for years.

This is our 10th year here in Highlands.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
claire said:
oh fun!

where are you headed to next?
We have drives scheduled for tomorrow - down into Georgia - and then in the morning on Sunday. After lunch on Sunday we start heading back north. We'll be driving with some friends - will spend the night in Roanoke and then drive home on Monday morning...and pick up Daisy and Charlie!!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
you can stop here for a pit stop!

My dad used to do a london to Brighton drive with with people in an old car club
there was also a NY to San fran
then many also do a trip from NY/NJ area to Detroit with cars from the 30's & 40's

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Mark,

Glad you're having fun. I definitely have Z3 envy. I think I feel a mid-life crisis coming on...

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
What a wonderful trip. Nothing better than spending time relaxing with good friends (and hopefully some good wine!)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Was wonderin' where you were hidin' this week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts