Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello JL folks!

Sorry I have taken so long to wander over. I have been staying very busy in the garden this spring. I'm on vacation this week and have been wearing it out. :)

Thought you might like an update on the boys:

Angus is post-surgery right now. Not serious, thank goodness, but it's been very rough on him. It's his toenail (again). He tore his dewclaw nail on Tuesday, roughhousing with Simon in the yard. Split it in two, all the way to the quick. :( The prognosis was, it had to come off, all the way back. So, he had his surgery yesterday. I started missing you guys a lot last night, because I was sure he was in renal failure because he wouldn't pee when we came home. You know me. :D He finally did pee when it occurred to me to take him out with Simon and let Simon pee so Angus would want to pee on top of it. Monkey see, monkey do.

So Angus is wearing a very big bandage and a cone when he can't be watched, until tomorrow. Poor Angus...I can tell it is much more sore today.

Simon is being a good little brother and mostly letting Angus rest.

In other news, we have a huge announcement: Both boys earned their CDs two weeks ago! Yay for Angus and Simon! Simon did exceptionally well, with a score of 193 and first place! Angus...well, that was not Angus' day to "sit" while heeling. So he ended up with a 185.5 and second place. Good enough for a ribbon and a title!

Next week we will say our farewells to "A" classes, as both boys will compete in Novice A one last time before we all have to go to "B" forever. Might as well milk it, right? :D

Hope everyone here is doing well. Catch me up on anything important I've missed!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Hey there - good to hear from you! Sorry about Angus's toenail -prayers for quick healing and back to "being Angus" soon. Big Congrats on the double CD's - that's REALLY GREAT! It shows how hard you work with them. And you know you can show in Open A- right? Hope they do better than Emilu in Open - so far we're looking at 4 NQ's.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I was thinking about you the other day!
Congrats on the boys CD's!!!! Awesome!!!
I sure hope the nail (or lack of a nail now) heals up quickly and is no more problem.

Heading up to TN in August. Someday I hope to live up there in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Glad to see you here! I miss Angus stories. :)

You might want to pop in O&E and get caught up on Nancy (Paddys Mom) and Tudor.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
HEY!!! WELCOME!!!!

So glad you stopped in.

And CONGRATULATIONS TO DA BOYZ!!!! Excellent news. You should be very proud.

Don't be a stranger!

I think I've used my yearly allotment of exclamation points! In one post!

!!!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Congratulations Angus and Simon and you too Connie!

Hope Angus heals up fast!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
CONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back! Don't be a stranger, huh?

Congrats on the boys! :D :D

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hey there I was wondering if you would make it over. Congrats to the boys and you on the titles that's awesome. Good luck at the next show.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hi Connie - I was thinking about you and your boys the other day. Sending good thoughts for quick healing for Angus and contgrats on the CD titles. I know you are so proud!
Don't stay a stranger - I have missed you!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Congrats on the CDs!!! Good boys!! :) I hope Angus heals up quickly!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Hey Connie! I was thinking about you the other day too. I wanted to see Angus's video - the outtake one. I'm back on the board too - Buddy continues to be Buddy and ate 20 Motrin yesterday. Ugh. We're treating agressively and keeping our fingers crossed.

Angus's injury sounds so painful. I hope that it heals quickly.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Sorry to hear about Angus' dew claw mishap. Hope he heals up quickly. A little extra lovies should help that happen!

And a big Congrats to you and the boys! Well done! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts