Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I was just wondering about something. And perhaps I am going to jinx myself. Aidan has never done anything really naughty. He ate a pack of gum once but that was left on the floor so I really do not fault him for that.
I realized after hearing my Mom scold Emma for counter surfing, that Aidan is never in trouble! He does not get into stuff, he walks nicely on a leash, doesn't jump on people, doesn't destroy things, is always obedient and eager to please.

What is wrong with him?

Is he saving all of his naughtiness for the future? Or are some labs just not into making mischief.
I do realize that by posting this he is going to grow horns overnight and join his Aunt Shanny's cult. Maybe he will get into stuff when he is older but so far the puppy months have been a breeze.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
JustJeff said:
I do realize that by posting this he is going to grow horns overnight and join his Aunt Shanny's cult.
Isn't that the truth; I find everything I post somehow Bailey reads & does the opposite!!
No words of wisdom here, Bailey was a handful as a pup, but I say enjoy it while you have it!!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Theo rarely did anything bad inside the house. Except for one computer cord, one pen, and one shoe, he has never chewed anything inside the house. *Ever.* (Oh, except for that bottle of Advil; thanks for reminding me. ::) )

Now, off leash on nature walks? His badness is legendary. But some dogs are just really mellow in their own environment, and it sounds like that's the way Aidan is. That plus your good training.

Either that, or he's part of a Bad Dog Sleeper Cell, just lying low and waiting for orders from Shanny the Dark Overlord. Then watch out!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I've been fortunate with my two. Maxie on the other hand was horrible. Same training for the most part. Count your blessings and enjoy.

K

·
0 Posts
*knocks really hard on the wooden table* Jacey is a VERY good dog. I really have not had any trouble with her. She has found the white socks pile and will take a sock out to the middle of the floor and leave it there for me ::)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
theoconbrio said:
Either that, or he's part of a Bad Dog Sleeper Cell, just lying low and waiting for orders from Shanny the Dark Overlord. Then watch out!
ROTFLMAO !!!

My first Lab Sherman, was that way, even as a pup.... never chewed up anything. I could leave him free in the house all day long..... but when I added the next 2, what one didn't think of, the others did...... so now, all 4 stay in the mud room while we are at work........ consider yourself lucky with Aidan !!

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
count your blessings!
Rocket was (and still is) the same way. He's just a good dog that learns fast and follows rules. He's never given us grief. Ever. (his first birthday isn't til next week)

I say keep up what you're doing and enjoy!

G

·
0 Posts
Oh man enjoy it. Murphy is a good dog for the most part, he learns quickly and has never shown a bit of aggresion or anger towards anyone BUT that doesnt mean he isnt a little phsyco. He hunts for any socks he can find and runs around to show it off to you, and run around chewing it and making sure you never get it back in the condition it was taken. I usually put my shoes and socks in the bathroom now and close the door, but sometimes I forget or he finds one I left laying around. I had to fix the sprinkers three times. One sprinkler head, and then the wires going to the sprinkler unit were chewed in half, fixed those and tucked the wires away and then that very same day I turn my back for a second and they are completely ripped out. My table legs all have chew marks on them. He knocked me over and I dislocated my knee, he ran full speed into my dad and he said his ankle hurt after that. he reaches a whole other level of insanity when he gets his teeth around a cushion from the back yard chairs. I just started digging dirt from one spot in the backyard to level out an area that I am turning into a dog run, and man he just loves to dig in that soft dirt. Also every time he plays in the water he makes it a point to roll around in as much dirt and leaves as possible, and although it is getting a little better he still loves to jump. I have a long list but I still love the guy, I wouldnt trade him for any other lab.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts