Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everyone doing? I dont normally have the time to actually sit down and read everything closely at JL. I need to catch up. Things are going very well with me. I got rehired by my formal employer at the GOP office. There is a new chairman, a little more liberal, who wanted me back. It works out great for me because I have weekends off.

Im in a new apartment which is only 6 blocks from Steve's house. The kids can walk back and forth from Mom's or Dad's anytime they want which is really important that mom and dad be accessible all the time. Steve and I have worked out most of our aggrement. The kids are staying with him mon-thurs. Friday after school they come to my house and then head to Steve's Monday after school. Some people think I'm crazy for choosing the weekends with the kids. But I actually see them way more that way. Not just after school until bed. And they often come for snack afterschool until Steve gets home from work. Divorce is awful for kids but I think I'm doing the best I can, and Steve too for that matter, to make it the best possible situation for the kids.

Molly is living an hour away in Spearfish, SD. This has been a very hard thing for me to deal with. There are not many options in Rapid City for apartments or rental houses that accept dogs. They were either really expensive that I would never be able to afford, or they were in really bad parts of town. Steve refused to keep her, and in doing so basically took the kids away from their dog. I searched and searched and searched for the perfect people, and really the only perfect person to have her is me, but I found a family with an 8 year old boy where they have a huge fenced in yard, and Molly sleeps in the bed with the boy. I've also gone to visit her several times. So I know she is well taken care of and well loved. They offered to keep her temporarilly but I also dont want to take her away from that boy now. So the boys and I will continue to vist for now.

The divorce will be final one month from today. Now we are just waiting for the mandatory waiting period to be over with. Life is going pretty good. Great apartment, great job, and Im so much happier than I have been in awhile. I'm going to be in 2 weddings this summer, (I need to find a chocolate brown dress, size 12) and Im looking forward to going home to Vermont.

Now that I'm sitting in front of a computer all week, I'll be able to catch up with everyone here. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hey Laur! I'm so happy that you're happy and have worked everything out. I'm sad for you about Molly though.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Laur! I'm so happy that you're happy and have worked everything out. I'm sad for you about Molly though.
I cried for like a week straight. But at least I can go see her when ever I want. When they go out of town, I'm going to dog sit.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Glad things are going well for you and the boys Laurie. I'm sad about Molly but it seems like she has it pretty good at the new place too :)

J Crew has loads of chocolate dresses on sale right now - my bridesmaids this summer are wearing chocolate too!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
It's good to hear things are going well for you, Laurie.

As for Molly- it sounds like she is in a great place. Sometimes life happens and we lose control of what we can and cannot do. At least you were able to find her a suitable home where she is loved. That is important.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Laurie, glad to see you posting & especially that things are turning to the better for you.

I am sorry to hear about the situation with Molly. I know it pains you to have her away from you, but you did what was best for her in your situation.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Good to see you online again <<fistbump>>

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
glad to hear everything seems to be working out for you. im sorry about molly though.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
It sounds like things are going as well as they can be. I'm sorry about Molly I totally understand how hard it is to make the decision to find a new home for her but at least you know where she is and can visit. Good luck getting everything else settled.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts