Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32106221/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/

Around the time of NHTSA 2002 report, cell phone subscribers made up more than half of the United States population, and highway safety researchers estimated driver/cell phone-related accidents to be the cause of 955 fatalities and 240,000 accidents overall. Cell phone subscribers now make up 87 percent of the U.S. population, according to the CTIA-The Wireless Association, the cell phone industry trade group

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Doesn't work. It's been illegal to talk (or text :eek:) while driving here in NJ for a couple of years now. Yet I see people doing it all the time.
Same in NY but you see MUCH fewer people on cell phones than you do in MD where it is still legal.

I believe in MD they passed a law where in a month or less texting will be illegal while driving but you can still talk on the phone...I dont know why they dont just make it illegal to talk on handheld devices and text. blargh!

·
Registered
618 Posts
There are now more accidents caused by talking/texting while driving than DUI.

I don't drive due to epilepsy so sometimes I have to walk to do errands and it scares me to walk when there are no sidewalks because of the idiot driver that talk and text while driving and almost run me over. USE YOUR EAR-BUD!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Oh so THAT is illegal in NJ :D
LOL

You know, I never quite understood why there has to be a seperate law about talking on a cell phone and driving, other than to stuff the coufers (sp?)- you can already be ticketed for distracted driving. But anyhoo- on with the circus!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts