Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

Katie has a little problem and I think she could use all of your help.

It seems a mean girl in school is teasing her over her glasses and now she doesn't want to wear them in school. She hides them in her backpack until school is over.

Do any of you Gang Members have any advice for Katie to help her out?

I don't think the little girl who teases her has cool friends like the Dune Buggy Gang.

Thank you!

Katie and Emma and Aidan's Mommy

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Hey Katie dis is Molly, I fink glasses is wunnerfullest!!! Dacey wears dem alla time cause she can't see fings far away. She looks ohhhh so beary fashionable in dem too...howeber allus make shure dat you leabe da glasses ins a safe place if'n you are sleepin' or somefing cause somebody wif four legs anna fur mite fink dey is a tasty snak (dacey waz not pleased whens i finked dis)

Whens people tease you...you jus kinnot let it get unner y'or skins. Tell dem dat you needs dem to see better ans if they hab a problem wif dat den dey are not eben worf your time miss katie. you are a lubley girl ans i bet y'or glasses looks spektakular on.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Oh yes, What Molly said. Glasses are not to be eaten, even when they seem like they would be really tasty! And when you wear them? Large very happy dogs should not jump up and smash them into your face! Mom's get really grumpy and make that noise? You know the one!

Mom says she has fun with glasses though. Different colors, different sizes, she has purple ones with rhinestones right now. We think those othere girls are just jealous they don;t have cool face jewelry like you

HB & Freedom

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Hi katie! Dis is by bombmy:

She wears da glasses just like you! She has worn dem since she was in kindergarden. Sometimes people would makes funs of her, but she learned dat dey was jealous cuz they dont get to wear cool glasses like her! She used to not wear her glasses but dat hurted her eyes! Ouch! Glasses are fun! My bombmy likes to pick out new glasses all of the time! Just like dress up! Other kids are jealous dat they can't play dress up too and dat is why dey laughed at her.

My mommy is a big girl now, but she still wears glasses. Dont let people hurt your feelings. kids are mean sometimes, but you is beautiful!

Loves, Pollo

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hi Katie! My mommy wearses da glasses too! She culd not see da chulkbored when she was liddle, and den she gots some glasses an she culd see when she wored em! Some ob her frens (and I use da term loosely) teased her wen she got dose glasses, but you kno wot? It turns out dey were jelous. One gurl went out an got some glasses ob her own - eben tho she didn't need em. Kin you beliebe dat?!

Mommy tinks that maybe dis gurl bein mean to you is jelous dat she doesn't hab a fashun akcesory like you! Cause mommy always chooses her glasses to match her outfit (she habs two pairs - one she calls "funky an fun" an another she says are "seriusly stooodius") just like she chooses her earrings and neklices. You jus rock out dose glasses and some jewelry ta match like da cool girl you are, an ignore dose girls who don't hab nice manners an persunalities like you!!

xoxo
Lil Jake

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Pffffft! Lotsa peeps wear da glasses an dey is cool! Whats not cool is not bein ables to see what da teecher is talkin about up dere inna front ob da room, or not bein ables to reed da books an den gettin da hedd ake caws ob da skwintin alla times. So wear da glasses caws I tink you look good in dem! But be sure yore mommy gets you da reggler serris glasses an dem sum inna funky colors too, 'k? Hahahahaha!

It reely silly dat some peeps hafta teese odder peeps caws dey is jellis, idnt it?

Yore fren
Trapper ;D

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Hiya Mizz Katie. My mommy habs glasses too. I let her expain about dem insted, but I just wanna let you now if you habs problem wifh da mean gurl in ponytain I'll kome and bite her inna butt! No one messes wifhs my Katie. RRRRrrrrr :mad:

Lubs Emma gurl.

Hey Katie! You know what? All the cool people wears glasses you see. ;) Think about it your brother has glasses, Laura (Labby) has glasses, Stacey has them and I bet a lot of other people you know wear them, and they are cool, right?!

People that makes fun of you, are just jealous of you. They think you are beautiful, smart and intelligent and just looking for reasons to pick on somebody because they are insecure and are jealous of you. Glasses are really cool because you can see and read without headache. I got my glasses when I was 7 years old, so I have had glasses for 20 years now Katie. 8) So WELCOME TO THE COOL CLUB KATIE!!!!

Love Veronica :-*

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Well, I bleeb my frens an dere moms habs just about hadda las' wurd onna subjeck ob cool glasses-wearin girls, BUT HOLE ON.... NOT YET!

Y'see, fer alla reasons alreddy gibben, glasses is bery 'mportant. Ob corse, as a feller girl an all, Miss Katie, you kin certainly agree dat da issue ob glasses as a fashion accessory is da mos' important one ob all. Did ya no dat da 'cessory stores ackshully sell da glasses wif no skripshun inna glass cos peeps likes da way dey looks? Dey sells tons ob dem, girlfren! An I gotta say dat ifn I could go ta da mall an git me some, I would! Some LABender ones!

But a girrul's gotta see, rite? Nuffin worser den a purty girrul like yerself wif a face all skrunched up from not bein able ta see. An glasses makes ya smart, too! My mom tole me dat once she was studyin fer a test an she steppeded on her glasses (see, alla reely cool peeps reely do wear glasses) an she ackshully cried cos she broke dem an she couldn't see da book! She hadda go git some new ones reel kwik an guess wot! She made a "A" onna test! Shure couldn't hab done dat wifout da glasses, wot sabed da day!

So you don't let dat meen girrul at school bodder you one bit. You's purty, an you looks soooo sofisticated an sheek in yer glasses dat she's prolly jellis. Anybody wot's rood enuf ta tease sumbody as speshul as yerself jus' needs ta be ignored. You jus' be Katie, cos yer jus' da best. ;D

Yore fren,
Maggie

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Hiya Katie, eberyones rite yous shoulds wear dem, Hey my Mommy
wears glasses too. ans my daddy too he needs dem too reeds.

so wearing glasses are cool,k. 8)

yous are gonna wears dem rite?

chocklite smooches :-*
your fren
Mugsy

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dear All My Dune B ugggy Gang Friensd,

Thank you very much for helping me. I read ever story here and I love all of yuo lots.I am going to wear my glasses.On satrday we are going to buy a new kind par of glasses.Moomy said okay and daddy did tooo.So I will wear 2 kinds like jewlry.

The girl who was being not nice doesnt have good Lab frieends like me and she doesnt belongs to a Gang.I am lucky.

Love all my gang frieneds,
Katie :-* :-* :-*

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Ooh, Miz Katie! Kin we see a pichur ob you in yer noo glasses when you gits dem? Ya no how we luuuuuuubs pichurs!

Anna good job on sayin you will wear dem. Dis is bery 'mportant, I fink.

Yore (ooooh, joolry!) fren,
Maggie

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Katie, this is Tatyana. I'm sorry I'm late responding to this message. I had to star wearing classes when I was in third grade. I remember that I was afraid of being teased and called names by other kids in school because of my glasses. I don't remember now if I was actually teased or not. It's no fun when other kids tease. I'm sorry you have to deal with it. :-\ But you know what, if I did not wear my glasses, I could not see what the teacher wrote on the board and could not get good grades. And it's important to get good grades.

You know, if you don't pay attention to the kids who tease you for a couple of days, they will probably stop teasing you. It takes two people for teasing to work: one to tease and another one to react. If you don't show a reaction to their teasing and keep wearing your glasses, they will simply get bored teasing you and will stop.

Z

·
0 Posts
Hi Miss Katie,

My sisser, Ashlyn weers glasses too!! She is 6 years old and we fink dat dey are the coolest jewelry dat she owns. She had bloo glasses and just got noo purple ones too, dey make her look like she is atleast 8 yeers old!! We fink dat little girls look berry cute in glasses, dey make you look official and important ya know!! Dont let dat girl teese you...sometimes da best fing to do when you get teesed is to ignore dem. If dat girl knows dat you were sad den she will keep teesing you....but, if you ignore her....she will stop cause dat is no fun for her anymore.

We fink dat you are berry special, you are a member of the DBG afterall!! And dis girl just prolly wants to be special like you!!

Hugs and lots of kisses from your favorite Ohio DBG pups,
Zuki and Griffin

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dear Tatyana
I wantr to be a vet when I am bigger.Mommy said a vet has to get the best grades so I will weer my glasses and get good grades.
Zukismom I want bloo ones!

Luv,
Katie

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Ah Katie,

I, too, wore glasses when I was younger....I didn't get them until I was in high school.......and I got braces about the same time......very tough as I was teased a great deal......I was called Metal Mouth and Four Eyes alot ......it is so tough to ignore the comments , isn't it? But you just do your best to ignore that little girl and proudly where your stylish glasses......I know you will look just fabulous in them....just keep a smile on your face and act as if nothing is bothering you...I bet she will leave you alone then.....ha! she will probably want to get a pair before it is all over with just to be like you!

I did find if I didn't wear them I would get terrible headaches as I was putting too much strain on my eyes trying to see.......and I don't know about you, but I detest having headaches......

And check out this link with some photos of very lovely and intelligent ladies who wear stylish specs.......

http://www.geocities.com/ovets316/frameset.html

And remember , is that little girl keeps up the teasing,you just let me know and I will come up there and give her The Talk about teasing a member of the DBG.....you got a lot of Mother Figures here who will help you when you need it......hang in there , hon......

Hugs,

Zeb's Momma

1 - 15 of 15 Posts