Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local store recently re-arranged their layout and have quite obviously reduced the amount of product they carry.

While they did that, they also chose that time to hike their prices. And I mean hike - I'm feeling quite robbed by a store that I used to love to shop at. My grocery bill has gone from about $60 -$65 a trip, to $77-$83.

For the same items I would normally stock......

Anyone else noticing this with their Zehrs? As I sit here thinking about it today, I'm getting madder and madder.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
We don't have Zehrs here in NS. But our groceries are going up too, and it sucks big time. I spend a fortune on food, because I refuse to buy crap. It seems the crap never goes up in price. How 'bout they Raise the KD to $5 a box & leave the fresh seafood alone!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
No Zehrs here in Ottawa, that I know of. Did they used to be called something else?

Gas is down though, from 97 cents/litre ... it's been 84 cents/litre over the past week or so. :)

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
No zehrs here, so i shop in my parents fridge.. i like the prices.
HA! I'm on the paying end of that plan; our 26-yr-old was here for 3 months & has now moved to Montreal, and our 23-yr-old moved back from Kitchener. In August, our other son & daughter-in-law move in for a month before heading to Vancouver. I love having them here, but keeping the fridge and cupboards stocked is hard!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I don't live there.. but i do pop in on occasion after grocery day.. coincidence.. i swear..

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I am intrigued. Do they give Aeroplan points? What is their organic section like?
Zehr's is just a Loblaw company store...I dunno why but in KW area it's Zehr's but here it's Superstore. Loblaws, Fortinos, Zehr's, Superstore, Independent, No Frills...it's all the same stuff.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I just think all the prices have gone up recently... fruits, veggies, meats... it's getting a bit too expensive to eat every day.. ;-)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I've noticed the exact same thing!

For instance- the deodorant I use cost about $1.25 less before the renovations.

And forget about going to the one on the west end. I can't get out of there for less than $180. And our budget for groceries is $140.

And I hate the new layout! Simply hate it.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I stopped shopping at Zehrs when they started charging for bags (and subsequently every other store who did so)...its not that I'm not in it for the environment, I just don't believe that is why they've done it...

Zehrs has always been very high priced.

I buy all my groceries in MI now.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amy, YES!! it's the little things like that that are pissing me off! How can they justify $1.25 by just moving some shelving around in a new lay out that is entirely stupid!??

I already try to buy things on sale at different stores, but I guess now I'll have to try harder cause this is just getting ridiculous.

Theresa! your comment about the fish - it's so sky high here, I don't buy fresh anymore, maybe once a month.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I am so excited that a Costco opened 10 minutes from my house, because we buy a lot more groceries there now. Plus, all the stores in the area dropped their milk prices to compete (it was $7.19 for a 4L, but now it's $5.49 to $5.69).

I don't pay enough attention to prices. We look at the flyers and then go pick up something on sale sometimes, but we tend to just buy what we feel like having and go to the store about 3 to 5 times a week!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts