Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve is gone for the weekend so Im at my house (even if I dont live here). Thought I would grab some stuff and also check in online.

I want to thank everyone who has given me support, prayers and good advice. Thank you very much.

I've sought some great legal advice from a collegue (a lawyer) whom I worked with at my last job. Things are looking ok. I also now have about half the money I need in a savings account for the estimated cost. I have an appointment with a JAG next week to find out how the military plays a role in all of this.

I do want to clarify that although I may no longer have a joint checking acct with Steve that he is still paying for expenses involving the kids. The kids are with me for now and so is Molly.

Right now I am really hopeful about a job at the hospital I applied for. Ive done an interview and things look really promising.

Thinking of you all. Big giant hugs. I'll try to catch up a little bit on JL here.

Oh I do want to comment: J&K + 8 : Kate may be a ***** but Jon is a pansy. Im finding myself in Kate's shoes a bit and can totally sympathize. Stay strong Kate.

MJ and FF: I never knew anything about FF. I never saw charlie's angels or anything she was in. I couldnt really tell you anything about her. So her death, although sad and yet a relief from her pain, hasnt effected me personally as much as MJ's. If you dont know that about me, I am a huge MJ fan. In 3rd grade I had his poster on my bedroom wall. I best friend and I each took a white glove and glued glitter and sequins on it. I remember us walking down the side walk trying to imitate billie jean. I remember watching thriller over and over and scareing my brothers with my zombie moves. I was so jealous of my neighbor who had a red leather jacket. And now my kids are listening to MJ. I admit I had to choke back a few tears yesterday. MJ had a part in my childhood.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Good to hear from you Laurie - Will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts - keep the faith! (((((Hugs))))))

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
When ever I log on I check for updates from you. Continued prayers .......... you have my cell # if you need me.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Hi Laurie...been thinking about you and your children.
I too was saddened about MJ's sudden passing. And I, like you, never really watched or got into FF..though her passing was sad.

I have to tell you...I had his book "Dancing the Dream" in pristine condition
and *only last week* gave it to Goodwill...I cleaned our my desk drawers (I'm retiring)

gah...Amazon has them selling for near $100 now. ***sad face***

Hang in there....

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Good to 'see' you, Laurie. I am praying for you and the boys, for this to be as painless as possible for all of you. (((hugs)))

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi Laurie, glad to see you. Stay strong.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Sounds like you've got things well in hand, Laurie. Good girl!
I hope you get the hospital job. Let us know?

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Glad to see you and the positive update. Keep your chin up. Continued good thoughts heading your way.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Glad you're doing "ok" in the situation! Good thoughts, hugs and prayers, Laurie. You will be just fine - you're a damned fine, strong, christian woman - and you will make it thru this.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hi Laur! Glad to see you checked in, sounds like you're doing well. Prayers that you will get through this.
xoxo

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
nice to see a good update from you Laurie. Take care and you have more good thoughts from me. x

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I'm glad you stopped in and supplied an update. I was *JUST* getting ready to print/mail your "Good Advice" thread.

Stay strong. We're here for you. Reach out when you need to. You've got my contact #s in-hand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts