Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Mr. Toby came over yesterday to "check everything out." He played chase with Abbey outside and they were both pooped by the end of the night. Today he came over with all of his stuff and will be with me for a while. Not really sure how long, but at least a couple of months. :D

He's such a good boy, he just hasn't had the same training as Abbey has. Unfortunately my friend's work schedule has been pretty rough so he hasn't been able to give him all of the training and exercise as Abbey has. That will change! :D

We went to Petsmart and got him a prong collar.. I now sympathize with those of you who have problems walking a 90 lb dog. Holy crap, he about pulled my arm out of it's socket! :laugh: He is about 2x as big as Abbey, and Abbey is basically an angel on a prong collar now. No more complaining about walking with her! :laugh:

Anyways, here are some pics.. Not too many but I'll get some more of them together tomorrow. He's a big goofball just like Abbey and they get along great. :happy: He tells Abbey when he's had enough and she backs off. So far so good! :D

Naturally he's sporting one of Abbey's extra collars..! :D

The two monkeys on my bed. See the size difference..! :surprise:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
He's so handsome! Beautiful color :happy:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
What a beautiful boy, he is big :surprise: :surprise: Any chance this could turn into a forever arrangment :D :D He sure looks like a special boy!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dipete said:
What a beautiful boy, he is big :surprise: :surprise: Any chance this could turn into a forever arrangment :D :D He sure looks like a special boy!
Well in his defense, Abbey is tiny! :laugh: She's about 45lbs give or take a couple and Toby's around 90 lbs :happy: I don't really know, I don't think so, but who knows.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
awww none of the pictures will load for me.

I bet they had a blast!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I love his face! That smile just says "hey, I am goofy and silly and loads of fun!"

·
Registered
786 Posts
He is handsome! I missed his story so I am off to do some searching of your last few posts.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Justine! What did I miss? You're fostering? He's beauuuuuuuutiful!!! :D

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jzgrlduff said:
I wish. I would be a total foster failure in a heartbeat.. :laugh: I'm watching him for one of my friends for a while. He has a crazy work schedule and is going to be gone for days at a time and doesn't trust his cousin with watching him.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
kal3idoscope said:
jzgrlduff said:
I wish. I would be a total foster failure in a heartbeat.. :laugh: I'm watching him for one of my friends for a while. He has a crazy work schedule and is going to be gone for days at a time and doesn't trust his cousin with watching him.
Maybe your friend won't want him back....maybe.....he'll be so happy with you he won't want to go home ever!!! He is so handsome and what a sweet face. :-* :-*

·
Registered
440 Posts
Don't know much about prong collars, but with my 93 lb. Jake we've just started with the Gentle Leader and it has changed our lives. Very positively. I would recommend it to anybody. Jake is much happier walking and I'm much more confident in those loose dog situations.
Just thought I'd share. Good luck and enjoy your guest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts