Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short answerL
Vet says if she stays as she saw her this afternoon, forget it. If over the next three days she gets lethargic, doesn't go after her food, or deviates from poop pattern, bring her back in.

Love this office. I was kind of pushing for an xray to rule out a blockage. She told me that she wasn't seeing enough to warrant it, and based on what I told her (including bringing in today's small log) she had an upset stomach and is over it. BUT if she lapses back over the weekend, to call her (gave me home number) and she would open up to take a look and run an xray if if looks worthwhile. No need to go to eVet.

Apparently they have seen a few dogs the past couple weeks with what appears to be a 24-48 upset stomach. Isn't it nice when you have some current history to influence your judgement?

It will be interesting to see what might come out of this visit. I shared some JL stories and people that are here. She has two labs and said that she might browse on occassion. Sounds like a great support group to her.

That's what we are! A Support Group!! We are all sick and in need of help. And I am so happy to be part of JL. I may have been 50/50 on taking her to the vet if everything was good when I got home. Labby pushed me over the edge. Thank you.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Great news, Ed! I have been waiting for an update, thanks for letting us know. Prayers that Hershey Kisses just had an upset tummy and will be perfectly fine in another 24 hours.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Hoping HK is feeling better soon. I like the way your vet works with you too.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Thanks for the update Ed. It is hard to see them not feeling well. My girls will get an upset tummy once in awhile. Hope HK feels better. Your vet sounds wonderful. :)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Good thoughts for HK!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Was looking for an update, glad to see HK is doing o.k and that the vet is there for you!! Hope all continues in the right direction:)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The vets in this office are really nice. They aren't cheap for what they do, but they don't just pile on a bunch of tests, xrays, whatver to pad the bill. As I was leaving, she told me that offerring to come in over the weekend to re-evaluate was not common on their part, but she was pretty sure it was not going to be necessary. If she thought there was a higher probability, she would have run the tests then.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Thanks for the update and I'm so glad to hear it sounds like she's on the mend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts