Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through a series of unfortunate events, I missed last night's Heroes. You're welcome to discuss it here, but I'm unable to supply a recap...

:-\ :mad: :-\ :mad: :-\ :mad:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Nothing to write home about. I was glad that Hiro and Aindo didnt show up until the very end.

Painter guy is dead at the hand of Sylar. So now he will be painting and knowing the future.

Peter was brought to his moms house dead. They mourned a bit until Claire pulled a shard of glass out of his head and saving the day.

Claires new found grandmother wants her to go away with her. Peter and his brother want her there to help them.

NikJessica met with whats his name. He wants to use Michah for something, she refuses of course. However, transformation chic shows up at the house as NikJessica and turns Michah over to whats his name. We did see whats his name as a hero too. He has the healing power.

Claires old dad, blow up guy, and hearing other peoples thoughts are held up at the factory. Claires dad is telling hearing guy what to do. They break out and are on the way to NY.

Hmmm I think that was it. Sorry my recap doesnt hold a candle to yours.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I'm so lost at this point......and I actually watched it.
I don't know what the heck is going on anymore! I need to buy it on dvd and watch them all
back to back or something. ???

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Next week it looks like it goes 5 years in the future where Hiro and Aindo are. Thats when the confusion begins.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
It wasn't super exciting last night.. maybe they're laying some ground work.. May is sweeps, so it should heat up then.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the TELEVISION W/OUT PITY version. Is Isaac really dead?!?!?!?!??!!

Bennet's being held captive by the Evil Eric Roberts, but he manages to throw some thoughts toward Parkman, and Matt starts taking orders from him in his mind. Bennet orders Matt to bust RadioacTed out of his own cell, and they in turn bust Bennet out of his. They all join forces and agree to head to New York to take down some tracking system so that Claire can be safe or something. Yeah, that didn't make a lot of sense to me either, but who cares? They're back, baby!

Linderman reveals to Nathan that, not only does he have a power of his own (healing), he also used to be partnered up with a bunch of other superheroes in the past. He claims that they all went bad, but since Linderman wants to blow up New York just so Nathan will get into the White House, I'd say his perception of good and bad is a little fuzzy, wouldn't you? Nathan agrees with me because he tells Linderman to go and shite. But later he kind of starts digging that painting of him in the White House, and I think he's going to let a lot of innocent people die just so he can get a blow job in the Oval Office.

Peter repeats his visit to Mohinder's place and once again finds the poor man stapled to the ceiling. Sylar appears and starts to rip Peter's skull open, but Peter heals too quickly for him to gain access to the gray matter inside. They engage in a gnarly little battle that ends with Peter dead and Sylar knocked out by a newly brave Mohinder. Mo then takes Peter directly to Mama Petrelli's house, interrupting a heartwarming chat the old lady is having with Claire about how Claire needs to shut her pie hole and go to France already.

Meanwhile, in Vegas, DL is suddenly onto Jessica impersonating Niki (did I miss something somewhere? When the hell did THAT happen?) and he declares that he's taking Micah away and that Jessica better just suck it up and deal. Jessica actually seems to consider this as an option because, hey, she's really not exactly PTA mother of the year, you know? Linderman then requests a meeting with Jessica and tells her that he needs to borrow Micah for a bit. Jessica tells him to go **** himself. So Linderman brings in Candice the Wonder Morpher to impersonate Jessica impersonating Niki, and Candice hands little Micah right over to the Big Bad Boss. What the man has planned for the poor boy is anyone's guess.

Nathan returns home to weep over his dead brother's body. Claire busts in and wants a moment of her own with her dead uncle. She removes the glass from Peter's head and he totally comes back to life. Everyone acts surprised, but Mama Petrelli just informs them that she's known about her "special" sons since long before even THEY did. Nathan then tells Claire that he loves her and everything, but could she go to Paris already because dude's gotta go fondle some interns in the Lincoln bedroom, dammit!

After Sylar disappears from his floor, Mohinder calls Bennet, only to have Evil Eric Roberts show up instead. Their meeting is relatively unfruitful and only serves to creep Mohinder out because Evil Eric Roberts is really skeevy. Sylar's across town, paying a visit to Isaac, who appears to have grown an extra set of brass balls because he bravely faces off against Sylar even though the man is seriously murderous. Sylar kills him anyway. Bye, Isaac!

And, finally, Hiro and Ando have landed five years in the future and the bomb's already gone off. So they decide to go visit Mystery Sock. Instead of finding their friend, however, they just find this whacked-out version of his studio and…Future Hiro! And he looks mighty pissed to see them, let me tell you. But his soul patch is the BOMB. Um. Unfortunate choice of words, no?

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Hmmm.... I actually thought it was really good.

The Sylar/Peter/Mohinder showdown was really cool even though it only lasted a few minutes. Peter healed where Sylar cut his head as Rachel already mentioned. Then he threw Sylar across the room, telepathically, and dropped Mohinder from the ceiling. Then he went invisible. (Sylar: "I can't wait to use THAT one.") Sylar then picked up, again telepathically, dozen of shards of broken glass, they hovered for a moment, and then he shot them out around the room. One pierced Peter's skull and he became visible again. Then Mohinder took his map and rammed it into Sylar, knocking him out. Mohinder left with Peter and you know what happened there. When Sylar came too, the list was destroyed but he found a page from Isaac's comic book and that's how he ended up going to see him.

Something Isaac said to Sylar: You can't fight the future. I know my place in all this. I showed them how to kill you. I'm supposed to die here with you.

I hope Mohinder realizes he shouldn't trust Eric Roberts (can't remember his character's name.)

Linderman thinks that people need hope and that by blowing up New York, Nathan will be able to offer them hope for a new future. So, short-term destruction for long-term good - at least that's his story.

Nathan wasn't liking the idea of Peter having to blow up, but once he found out Peter was indestructable he started warming up to the idea 'so you can't die? What if you blow up? you still won't die?'

Peter wants Claire to stay, Nathan wants Claire shipped off to Paris with Ma Petrilli so she won't blow the election - illegitimate daughter popping up and all. Nathan told Claire it would only be a week and then she'd come back to live with her family. Ma P though, when talking to Claire, acted as if it would be years, when Claire was an adult, before they'd come back. Ma P also alluded to the fact that she might be a super.

Next week's ep is what if they DON'T stop the PeterBomb. What will the world be like 5 years from now? Tagline from the preview: What do you think will happen? (I think that's what it was.)

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Oh, and when they got to the end with Hiro and Ando 5 years into the future seeing that they hadn't stopped the bomb - which actually happened at the end of the last episode ...

Ando told Hiro - you have your sword, we can go back and fix it. But Hiro said no, that they had screwed up somewhere and they needed to hang around a little while to figure out what had gone wrong before they went back.

Hiro: I know, we'll go see Mr. Isaac!
Ando: But you said he died because of the Brain Man.
Hiro: But in the past, they caught the Brain Man, so Mr. Isaac could still be alive!
Ando: I'm so confused.

Hanging all over Isaac's studio looked to be clotheslines clipped with pieces of paper - a timeline of events.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Anyone else wonder how Mohinder managed to get a dead body over to Claire's Grandma's house? :laugh:

(Excellent recap, Melis!)

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I wondered that too! I have no doubts he could carry him - Mohinder looks like a man's man; Peter seem pretty scrawny. :p But carrying a bloody dead guy around town you'd think would draw some attention!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Melissa said:
I wondered that too! I have no doubts he could carry him - Mohinder looks like a man's man; Peter seem pretty scrawny. :p But carrying a bloody dead guy around town you'd think would draw some attention!
Exactly! It looked as if he took a cab over with Peter's bloody, dead body...Bwahahahahahaaa!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
That's what I was just about to post here! Only I posted it on my swingset thread instead...LMAO! I think that's it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Isaac told Sylar that he knows how to stop the bomb. Sylar was excited because now that he has Isaacs powers(He kills him) that only Sylar will know how to stop it. But...Isaac sent his sketchbook with that courier friend of his that picked up the last issue of the comic book to publish. The courier asked Isaac what was going on in the last issue and Isaac told him "You sure you wont post it this time?". Showed courier front page of comic book. The courier also seemed honored and shocked that he got the sketchbook. (which in the sketchbook it showed some of the sketches from earlier paintings...like SImone and Peter kissing under the umbrella. I'm sure all of the other ones are in there too.) So hopefully the courier guy will post it so the other heroes can find it.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Great recaps. I like this one, too. It looks like Nathan turns bad to me. I've been watching too much SciFi, especially Stargate. Does the oval architectural thingy on the roof remind anyone else of a time/space portal? LOL That thing fascinates me. They always show it.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I forgot a pretty major plot point, that I'll go ahead and add since Dweck didn't watch and in case he reads this when he gets back:

We basically got our confirmation that Linderman runs The Company/Primatch Paper:

A. Parkman heard Eric Roberts think about going to see Linderman.
B. Linderman knew about Micah's ability.
C. Linderman knew about and was able to call on the Morphing woman to come help him get Micah.

When Parkman told Bennet about Linderman, he had no idea. Parkman about Bennet: "You're MIDDLE MANAGEMENT! You're a schlub!"

TelevisionWithoutPity said:
They all join forces and agree to head to New York to take down some tracking system so that Claire can be safe or something. Yeah, that didn't make a lot of sense to me either,
Bennet wants to go to New York to disable the tracking system so the ones with powers can be free without having to worry about constantly being chased by The Company.

TelevisionWithoutPity said:
DL is suddenly onto Jessica impersonating Niki (did I miss something somewhere? When the hell did THAT happen?)
Seems like I remember him finding out about this in the last batch of episodes - did Micah tell him? Did he find an envelope from Linderman...??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts