Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DL is still dying of a gunshot wound, and Nikessica is trying to help him. But by now, the law is trying to bash in the door. DL manages one more morph through the wall, and Nikessica goes off to find Micah.

The Bennet/Mohinder standoff is still in progress, but Matt wakes up from his conk on the head and recognizes Molly -- who recognizes him -- and the guns (and blood pressures) are lowered. Molly helps the team find out where Sylar is.

Ando has gone off to kill Sylar himself, and Hiro is saddened that he was too late. DaddyHiro gives his son his sword, and Hiro goes off to be a Hero.

Mama Petrelli tells Nathan that Linderman is gone, but she hasn't changed her Presidential plans at all for her son. And she gives him an icky kiss on the forehead (was I alone in thinking it was going to be on the lips?!?!?!? EW!). Peter goes to Nathan for help, but his brother 2x crosses him and nabs Claire. Peter gets upset and starts getting all glowy (not in a good way, either) and is afraid he can't control himself. He passes out in the alleyway...

...where he begins to dream about his first meeting with Charlie (Simone's Pop), who is being doted on by none-other than Mama Petrelli. Who tells him that Peter is a dope and that they should be pinning their hopes on Nathan. Mama leaves, and Charlie tells present-Peter that he knows they're there. They have a mini-conversation on destiny and the future and purity of heart and blah-blah.

On the way out of town, Claire gets a call from DadBennet. Mama Pee takes it and tells Mr B to walk away. He wants a final farewell to ClaireBear, and he does tell her she'd be better off going with them and getting out of NYC, but that after she's clear of the blast zone that nobody seems able to stop, she's to escape. Later, in the Petrelli offices, she escapes anyway by pitching herself out of a window, falling to the street, regenerating herself, and moving on.

Pa Bennet finds Peter lying in the street, thanks to Molly's abilities. Peter needs Claire to pull the trigger if he can't control the radioactivity. Pa Bennet tells him he'll take care of it and reveals >>> ta da <<< his name: NOAH!!

Ando faces off with Sylar at Isaac's painting loft. Just about the time Sylar is ready to slit his throat, Hiro shows up, snatches his friend, and returns him to Tokyo. Alone, Hiro comes back to face Sylar.

Matt also goes after Sylar, much to Bennet's chagrin.

Nikessica, looking for Micah, finds him unconscious on the floor, and her alter-ego chucking that she's too late. But it's more hocus-pocus from Candace. Nikessica finally escaples w/Micah.

Everything is leading up to the showdown in the plaza.

Sylar deflects Matt's bullets, injuring Matt in the process. He also breaks Noah's arm. And is about to let Peter go nuclear when....... Hiro shows up and slices him in two with the sword. Sylar blasts him, but it's too late. Sylar falls to the ground in a pool of blood.

Peter is still hot. Claire is about to off him when.... whoosh! Nathan flies in to finally, at last, thank God, DO THE RIGHT THING. He takes Peter under the arms and flies him to the stratosphere, where he can blow up safely. Bye-bye Frying Man!!

In the aftermath, Molly tells Matt to hang on. DL is finally getting some medical attention, to (the guy carried a gunshot wound for, I dunno, something like 52 hours!). Claire and Micah are safe. And all is well.

Except........

The bloody outline of Sylar is bodyless in the plaza. A slidey trail of blood leads away from it, to an open sewer grate.

And poor Hiro has been blasted to 1671, where he's in the midst of a mogul war battlefield. That happens during an eclipse. Oy.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Ughh! A poor finale if you ask me. I think some episodes during the season out shined this one. Best part of the show was when Sylar threw the bullets back at Matt. Way cool.
...where he begins to dream about his first meeting with Charlie (Simone's Pop), who is being doted on by none-other than Mama Petrelli. Who tells him that Peter is a dope and that they should be pinning their hopes on Nathan. Mama leaves, and Charlie tells present-Peter that he knows they're there. They have a mini-conversation on destiny and the future and purity of heart and blah-blah.
I thought he went back in time like Hiro can do. I didnt think it was a dream.
I totally missed Sylar throwing Hiro. I was wondering how he got where he was. I have to admit that when I saw the person fall I figured it was Peter. He can regenerate too, Im wondering if he can regenerate from that explosion. Glad Nathan is gone, he was getting to me.
Might have been better for the up coming season if they let the bomb blow up. That would have led to better story lines.
What about the "really" scary man that Molly was talking about? I think maybe Sylar was pulled down the sewer hold. His eyes turned whitish gray just like Claire and Peters did when they died.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Great recap Dan! Thanks! I didn't even catch that Sylar had crawled off. Doh!

Hey.....there's someone that Molly can't think about because he can see her when she does. Is that Sylar or someone else?
Can Peter regenerate after going nuclear? He was my favorite character. ???

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Jason thought maybe our heroes dumped Sylar in the sewer so there wouldn't be a big investigation into who offed him. But I first thought he crawled off too. Them disposing of his body makes sense though because his life did flash before his eyes and then they went white - I assumed that meant he died.

I wondered if the really scary man is part of the set-up for Season 2. Also the creator said some of the people that survived season 1 won't necessarily be in Season 2 - 'we just won't see them anymore, like would happen in real life.'

Have we heard the name Noah before? If so, in what context?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Yeah Melissa the Noah thing got me too. I just figured that since Peter was talking to whats his name (either dream or time travle) and he told Peter his name, I just figured Noah did too.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was an EXCELLENT conclusion to one terrific show -- clearly, the best new show of the 2006-2007 season. I just hope they don't mess it up in Season 2, which seems so common nowadays (Desp H'wives, Lost). I liked Nathan's redemption. And Ando/Hiro's farewell was really touching.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I get that it was a big reveal for him to let us know his name, but it just seems like I've heard the name Noah before. But maybe not. Maybe I'm just getting it confused with something else.

I really liked it too, Dan. I liked how all our heroes came together in that courtyard to cap off the first season. Several great Ando/Hiro moments too. :)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I was very disappointed that they drew it out so long, then in the last 10 minutes everything was so quick. Seemed like there were a ton more commericals in this episode than others too.

I would have to say that I was not impressed much.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
HOLY SHITE! I FORGOT IT WAS ON LAST NIGHT!

I even stopped TiVo thinking it was recording a re-run! OMG i'm a douche!

I hope it's on again.. i'm so stupid!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
dweck said:
kelli said:
HOLY SHITE! I FORGOT IT WAS ON LAST NIGHT!

I even stopped TiVo thinking it was recording a re-run! OMG i'm a douche!

I hope it's on again.. i'm so stupid!
Probably on ABC.com by now, no?
Yep. Ive watched it first thing in the mornings before you post the recap if I miss it.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Charla said:
Hey.....there's someone that Molly can't think about because he can see her when she does. Is that Sylar or someone else?
I think it's someone else. Molly told them where Sylar was...twice (once in Isaac's apartment and once in the office building when she said "he's already here". I think she probably can't see the big wig in charge of the entire project...who ever that may be.

My dad is visiting and he sat down to watch this show with us. He's never seen it before. I had to laugh when in the first 10 minutes or so they killed Linderman, shot DL, looked like they killed Mica, etc and my dad said "looks like everyone dies in this show". He finally got up and went to bed. I can't blame him. If this had been my first episode of Heroes I probably would have changed the channel.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Charla said:
Great recap Dan! Thanks! I didn't even catch that Sylar had crawled off. Doh!

When I first saw it, I thought that Sylar had somehow crawled off, but when I thought about it later, maybe someone (the new super-evil guy for season 2) took his body. I guess we'll find out next season...

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
My thing is about that manhole shot, there were two blood streaks on the other side of the man hole. I don't see how if someone drug him that there would be those marks.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope we haven't seen the last of Sylar -- Zachary Quinto is terrific in the part. He certainly brings the creepy.

Hey - Remember that the manhole cover had a cockroach crawling on it?? The last time we thought Sylar was dead, in Noah Bennett's chamber of glass, there was also a cockroach noodling around. Coincidence?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Anyone else notice that the emblem on the mogul battle flag is the same one that appearred so often in this years episodes, i.e. Nikkissica's tattoo?

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Thanks dweck!!! It is good to read everyone's takes on this show.
I did catch the buggy thing at the end and Sylar slimming off down the hole. I am anxious to find out who the other baddie is this fall!
Great set up for season 2!

J

·
0 Posts
Heroes is NOT on ABC. It is an NBC show. So I doubt you'll find it on ABC.com. :p

I've got it on tivo if anyone needs a copy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts