Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! but i think the RAW food has allot to do with how well he looks and is doing. there's an excellent book that i've got called, "The BARF Diet" by Dr. Ian Billinghurst. it's as the recipes for how to make your own raw food. just google the barf diet and you'll be taken to his website.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
chris ash said:
thanks! but i think the RAW food has allot to do with how well he looks and is doing. there's an excellent book that i've got called, "The BARF Diet" by Dr. Ian Billinghurst. it's as the recipes for how to make your own raw food. just google the barf diet and you'll be taken to his website.
Read both of his books quite some time ago!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i agree. my 15 year-old maggie (a golden ret) passed away last fall, but we had her on raw for four years because she'd developed a bladder infection and it kept coming back. once we swung her over to the raw, she never had another bladder infection!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Hard to believe that I've been doing the raw thing for four years now! It really has worked for us!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, me too. i certainly wouldn't judge anyone who doesn't want to do raw, but for my former two dogs and my new lab pup, it's the only way for us.

when we swung our two retrievers over to raw, their health really improved...as i said about maggie's bladder problems. my golden retriever, Baxter, really had better health too!

my vets are firm believers in the raw and also combine chinese/holistic medicine into their practice.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I looked into that when my Chocolate Benny (who I lost 2 years ago) first got diagnosed with lymphoma. It was very fast acting and I'm not going to go into everything (I still cry... he was MY boy!) but one of the things that was recommended for cancer fighting in canines was a RAW DIET! I was ready to try it... which is something for me - considering I'm pretty close to a vegetarian! But... anything for our babies! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts