Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh lah!

He's been squirrely all evening... we just got back from a long walk and usually that settles him but nope... still squirrely. ???

So, I do the checklist:
1. is he hungry? nope, already ate dinner... though, he is a lab... I give him a cookie anyway.
2. does he have to go potty? nope, just got back from a walk and he's empty ;)

And then I realize... his favourite place to chill out after dinner is his bolster bed in the kitchen. I've taken the pad out of it, washed it and put it in the dryer. He won't lay in the bed without the pad. ::)

I kid you not, he was standing by the door of the laundry room, willing it to open and for his pad to pop out of the dryer.

HENERY: Oh, to have opposable thumbs...

Well, his pad is dry and put back in his bed. Nice and warm from the dryer.

HENERY: I'm right as rain. ;)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Henery's pad in back in his bed and all's right with the world. ;D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Bob had a similiar experience tonite. My sis and niece were over and they were sitting in the loveseat. Bob kept going up to them and giving them the stink eye. They thought he wanted attention when all he wanted is them to be off HIS bed. lol

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Henery...you are still our monkey lab!

Felicia, what Would they do w/o us, eh? LOL

If I send Zoe to her bed w/a chew
and a stray kong is sitting in the middle of her bed, she refuses to go to her bed until I remove the kong.

oh lah..we have spoiled them.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
:D So cute! They are such creatures of habit, aren't they?

I don't think I can ever completely take away Angus' crate. I guess he would adjust in time, but man, going to his crate at night is SUCH a big deal for him! He stands there and stares at you, just waiting for you to say, "You wanna go to bed?" Then he DARTS up the stairs, jumps in the crate and turns around, waiting for his treat. This is such an ingrained ritual, I don't know what he would do at night without it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts