Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I adopted a 8month old black male this summer from a friend of my parents. Jake was crated for long hours but behaved great other than the jumping we finally broke. He was an angle for the first few months and now we will find him standing on all fours on the dinning room table, gets in the garbage, counter his manners have regressed some. Or is it that he's always been that way and is completely adjusted and comfortable here? We also have a yellow male Jinx who is the same age both are a little over one now, and rusty my 12 year old baby red and white Siberian husky. male as well. They all get along great, well Rusty can get a little grumpy but he's old. The labs are inseparable, they have 2 of our six acres to run with the inviable fence and when were not home they have a 20-30 kennel attached to an indoor 6-8 indoor kennel. "part of my shop" spoiled LOL What can I do to correct Jakes new or old lol behaviors? I love him to death but my wife is growing tired quick.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
If I read right, you are talking about a 1 year old Lab. HK will be 2 in 3 weeks. She only gained freedom of the house about a month ago, maybe 6 weeks.We started trying about 1 year ago. She would go a day or maybe three before she would surf whatever may have a scent of food. As soon as she did it, she lost privileges for 4 weeks to the day. That meant crated or restricted to a safe room. It took a year before she passed the two week mark. We are at 4 weeks now and still counting. Some say that certain labs never figure it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh no they aren't alowed in the house, garage, or left to rome around while we are gone. The house was never an option, we tried letting them use the outdoor kenel and the garage for a while but after the third time they trashed the place " I guess i figured they would stop after the first two times lol " I built the indoor kenel. They have a dog door they use to go in and outside. He does this when we are home in the house. My wife will be in the basement doing laundy and when she comes up the stairs Jake will be looking her in the eyes. lmao standing proudly on the table with all the chairs pushed in. He must jump up there. :laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts