Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His 31st birthday is March 7th. I have no idea what I can get him... I would love to surprise him, but he would be upset with me if I spent a lot of money (over $150 I would say) since we are trying to save...

His greatest hobby is sitting at home in his man-cave, watching sports! I was thinking of getting him the digital cable sports pack (its $30/month), but that would be quite a sacrifice on MY part - I would never get to use he big screen tv again! Plus, there are only a few months of NHL left, and I do not want to be stuck watching MLB all summer, ha! Anyhow, this is where I'll go as a last resort... lol.

He golfs, but he has good gear and I wouldn't know where to start anyhow. Plus, he won't have time to do that until summer.

Any inspired ideas? He is just a regular guy's guy... romantic gestures would be a waste of money to him, lol.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Pay for greens fees or whatever they are called.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Subscription to NetFlix?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Game tickets would be a No... since the closest NHL team is Montreal and we won't be going away for a weekend any time soon... airfare, hotel, 2 x $100+ for tickets, etc.... I wish! We've done that before, long ago, and we'll do it again someday, but that is something he'd want to plan himself, ya know?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the ideas - keep 'em coming!

I checked out upcoming concerts, there is one coming up in March he would like - Great Big Sea, with Spirit of the West opening, but we've seen them both quite a few times. I may actually run this one by him, see what he thinks. Its a week night, so that poses a few other problems too.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
What about a mini golf vacation? THIS PLACE even has a golf and spa package, one for you, one for him. :D

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about a mini golf vacation? THIS PLACE even has a golf and spa package, one for you, one for him. :D
I like how you think. :D I'd love to go to Digby Pines! That is something we could do in the summer, but the golf courses don't open until June usually...

I dunno, he's impossible. That's why his family just gives him money. lol.

March Break is the 16-20, so he is off... and I'm off the 18-20... But its too darn cold here to do anything in March but fly down south!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Everyone could always use golf lessons...maybe you could get him a couple of private lessons at your local golf course?

Or...and guys you can deny it until you are blue in the face, but I don't believe you: a spa appt. Nothing girlie like a mud mask or scented bath or algea body wrap...but a good old fashioned massage. It will make a new man out of him!

Sports magazine subscription?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everyone could always use golf lessons...maybe you could get him a couple of private lessons at your local golf course?

Or...and guys you can deny it until you are blue in the face, but I don't believe you: a spa appt. Nothing girlie like a mud mask or scented bath or algea body wrap...but a good old fashioned massage. It will make a new man out of him!

Sports magazine subscription?
He gets TWENTY massages covered per year on his work medical plan, and he refuses to use them! He does not like the idea of being touched by a stranger, at all.

The only good thing about that is that I ALSO get twenty per year, not that I get a chance to use them either!

Golf lessons... courses are closed until June here, and he took lessons growing up, I'm not sure he appreciate them at this stage.

LOL, you guys are gonna start flaming me soon, ha! Or him. Flame him.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Get him the Digby Pines thingy. Just give him a little sumptin, sumptin on his birthday. *wink, wink*

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Does he have a favorite player on one of his teams? Some guys like the whole team shirt thing with their favorite player on the back.

Or...you could just throw a small party...you could do that not a lot of money and have that be his gift!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Regarding the golf holiday thingy, wonder if those prices are for booking now and then the holiday happens in August or whenever. Wondering if the prices would be higher if you booked closer to summer?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts