Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam and I just put in a reservation for one male and one female ferret from an east coast raw feeding ferret breeder. We won't be getting them until Spring 08, so a long way off cuz we just aren't ready to add any new animals now. But if all goes well we should be able to take on two more little ones come next spring. I was just bored and wanted some help.

We are getting a male and a female. We plan to name them Zero (male) and Wednesday (female) but I need help picking their registered names. Just like dogs, they have a regular name and an 'offical' name so I need some help to come up with a cute 'official' name for each of them. For example I was thinking:

Hillcrest Ferret's Ash Wednesday......

something like that, that goes together and uses the word 'zero' or 'wednesday' I figure some of you guys have experience picking out your dogs registered names, so it should be no problem to come up with one for the ferts. Oh! and btw here are some picks of this year's little munchkins. They look small now, but these ferrets are raised on whole prey and raw food and aren't altered until after puberty so they can get up to six pounds!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Absolutely no good with registered names but I wanted to know if you got any pics from the ferrets' first time outdoor play the other day. I was really hoping to see those.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Man I would love to help but I am not good with names. Since I read your post the only thing in my head is that song from the 80's by The Fixx - Saved by Zero!

But congrats and good luck and show all the pics you want! I love to look!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paddysmom said:
Absolutely no good with registered names but I wanted to know if you got any pics from the ferrets' first time outdoor play the other day. I was really hoping to see those.
Yes, I posted those pics in the LC and in OE let me go get them.

TroopersMom said:
awww how precious! I love their coloring.
They are especially dark colored ferrets (dark sables) its what this breeder specializes in they are so cute

CJs Mom said:
Since I read your post the only thing in my head is that song from the 80's by The Fixx - Saved by Zero!
I kinda like that!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the pics from Sunday

Starting on the left: That's lugnut's head, the white butt belongs to Samson, the next butt is Weezies, then thats willow, and the guy on the far right is hendrix

Weezie on the left and her 'sister' Willow on the right enjoy the shade and the grass under their paws:

Samson's nose on the left and Weezie and Willow:

Little Delilah watchs as Lugnut attempts to dig a hole in the grass:

Lugnut watching a crow fly by:

Louise wants Apollo to come play with her:

Samson (white) and Willow (sable) Check out both ends of the yard:

Samson uses his plastic igloo to get a leg up and get up onto the same level as apollo:

Lugnut staring longingly at 'his dog' Apollo:

Willow says, "Can you please pick me up?"

Here are the weasels trying to put Lugnut (the little bully) in his place by smooshing him under the igloo:

Playing in the playpen:

Weezie and Willow reaaalllyy want apollo to come into the playpen with them:

Willow says hello to all the JL members:

Samson, Lugnut, Weezie, Willow:

Lugnut and Willow check out the world beyond the playpen:

Left to right: Delilah, Lugnut's butt, Hendrix, Louise

Now with all those pics of the weasels looking out beyond the playpen you are probably wondering what they were looking at. The answer is apollo. He was laying in the grass sunning himself.....making these funny faces:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any and All suggestions are welcome. Once I get enough suggestions i'll probably do a poll to see which ones to pick so far we have:

Wednesday:

Hillcrest Ferret's Ash Wednesday

Zero:

Hillcrest Ferret's Saved by Zero

Keep em coming guys, even if you don't think its a good name...post it...i might like it

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump....come on guys....I KNOW JL members are creative enough to help me think of names!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guys (crossing arms and tapping foot) I KNOW you can come up with some good names lol. Come on! :D

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol I know they are so cute and pudgy. Ferrets are really prone to health problems, so I wanna get a privately bred ferret thats raised on a natural diet in hopes that the two little ones will be nice and healthy for many years to come.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Love all the outdoor pics! I missed 'em too, I guess. They all look so clean! My neighbor had two ferretts and they stunk to the high heavens and they were dirty. :( Do you have to trim your guys' nails?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jzgrlduff said:
Love all the outdoor pics! I missed 'em too, I guess. They all look so clean! My neighbor had two ferretts and they stunk to the high heavens and they were dirty. :( Do you have to trim your guys' nails?
Hahahahaha! EVERY WEEK. On sundays we trim all the ferret's nails, file them down, brush all their teeth, and clean all their ears. We also spritz them daily with a ferret specific deoderizing spray (cuz baths only strip the oils from their skin and make them smell worse). Because my guys eat a natural diet and no kibble they really have hardly any odor (thats my mom saying that, not just me). I also wash all their blankets weekly and clean and sanitize their cage daily. As long as you properly care for your ferrets they really wont smell.

Its ALOT of work keeping them and the cats and apollo, clipped, cleaned, and groomed...but thats just pet ownership. You do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Its ALOT of work keeping them and the cats and apollo, clipped, cleaned, and groomed...but thats just pet ownership. You do what you gotta do.
Hats off to you and Sam! :D

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. Its alot of work but its sooo much fun haha. They are a BLAST. I can't wait to add two more next spring. It will be insanity!

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
hmm.

Hillcrest Ferret's Zero Tolerance
Hillcrest Ferret's Hero Zero LOL

(I suck at this; that's why Zoe's registered name is "Zoe" :-\ )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts