Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It fell on the floor and he gobbled it up before I could get it out of his mouth.

Do I need to be concerned? It was only one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm thinking no - was it one of those white styrofoam pieces, or the ones that are a bit more spongy? Cooper ate some of hubby's earplugs once (unbeknownst to us!) and I found them during doggie landmine patrol....still in good shape too! (Dwayne didn't want them back...) They didn't cause Cooper any discomfort so I would think that Orson will be okay. The earplugs are kind of the same consistency as the spongy "peanuts".

Keep us up to date. Hope he's okay.

Bev.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some, but not all of those packing peanuts are designed to dissolve in water. Back in the days we used to dump them in a big sink at work and turn the hose on it, watching a big pile melt away and disappear into the drain. If you have another one of the ones he ate, try to see if it dissolves in water. I'm not saying they're nutritious, but it probably melted before he swallowed it.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Sometimes they are made of cornstarch and sometimes of styrofoam - neither one would be a danger to him.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
No worries, Sandie, it will come out the other end in much the same condition as it went in. They are soft and won't cause any problems.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I agree with everyone else, it'll pass. My sister's dog ate an OB tampon once (not used!) ... we had to make sure she drank lots of water and had to give her a oil. It passed just fine. The vet was semi-worried about it and gave us a limited time to be sure it passed, because tampons swell so much.

On another note, I never dreamt I'd be a member of a forum where it'd be okay to talk about dog poop! LOL My aunt used to think it was hilarious that my family would let everyone else know what business which dog did, but then she got a dog and suddenly found her conversations leaning towards dog business as well. LOL

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I agree with everyone else, it'll pass. My sister's dog ate an OB tampon once (not used!) ... we had to make sure she drank lots of water and had to give her a oil. It passed just fine. The vet was semi-worried about it and gave us a limited time to be sure it passed, because tampons swell so much.

On another note, I never dreamt I'd be a member of a forum where it'd be okay to talk about dog poop! LOL My aunt used to think it was hilarious that my family would let everyone else know what business which dog did, but then she got a dog and suddenly found her conversations leaning towards dog business as well. LOL
Our DD with the Cockapoo is driving my DW nuts. DD has always been Miss neat and polite. Never used foul language, didn't like conversations on body excrements, or anything else. She is now over at the house quite often. I will take the dogs out before we eat dinner, and then the conversation starts.

DD: Did he poop? Was it firm or soft? What color? Was there anything strange in it? Drives DW nuts!!!!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Simba got into some packing peanuts a couple of weeks ago too and I didn't know it until I was cleaning up the yard. At first I thought, WTH and then I thought about it for a bit and realized what it was and who it was, how she had been acting and fortunately she's ok. But she ate more than one! Chow hound she is! I swear, sometimes they are worse than children! But wouldn't trade them for nothing!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Boone has eatten quite a few kitty sparkley balls and they all come out in the end--make the poop quite beautiful !!! He has also eatten 2 of our tv channel guides, magazines etc and they always find a way out.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer swallowed one of the tails of a small Kong Snugga Wubba once (swallowed it whole). I didn't even realize it until it came out the other end. His poop was purple that day, and I looked closer and saw the whole thing. I ran in to look at the Snugga Wubba, and sure enough one tail was missing. That whole thing passed through without a problem, so I am guessing that the packing peanut will too. Happy hunting! :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Oh Orson you silly boy!

I'm with the others thinking that one shouldn't be an issue. Good luck. Hope eveything comes out allright.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts