Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's never done this before.....are almonds poisonous to dogs? I think he must have eaten about 1/2 cup of almonds. He's acting normal, no diarrhea, and not drinking anymore than usual....should I be concerned???

I've tried to do a search on the internet and some sites say they are fine while others say they are poisonous. Oi!

Thanks for any help,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just spoke with the emergency vet and they said he should be fine but to watch him in case of any drooling, vomiting or any change in behaviour. Whew. Thank goodness that they were just plain roasted and not salted or worst chocolate covered! Guess this is what happens when you put a dog on a diet......they'll eat anything they find even when they normally don't counter surf.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I would like to add from personal experience that he will have very hard poop, most likely, for the next day or two.
After Rocket had some almonds, his poop was so hard, I actually had to squeeze it out of him myself. His poop was like solid rock. That's the last time I ever want to do that!

(the things we do for our dogs!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
He's never done this before.....are almonds poisonous to dogs? I think he must have eaten about 1/2 cup of almonds. He's acting normal, no diarrhea, and not drinking anymore than usual....should I be concerned???

I've tried to do a search on the internet and some sites say they are fine while others say they are poisonous. Oi!

Thanks for any help,
I'm sure a veterinarian will give the best answer on this subject. I'm having the same problem right now. I'm afraid something will happen to him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts