Just Labradors banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
How did you get to her photobucket account? I feel like I'm spying opening that. Adorable pup though!!!!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I did a search on her user name here, and the same username belongs to a Plumas Lake forum, so I guess she's in northern CA?

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Awwww - he's cute! I hope she finds a good home for him. I think that our "mellowing" is simply realizing that labs aren't for everyone, and if someone really can't or won't work with their dog, they might as well try to find a better home for that dog.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
New member bringing up months old topics. Why this is necessary, I'll never know.
I don't think they do it on purpose. Related threads show at the bottom of every post, and people probably click on them not realizing that they are old.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't think they do it on purpose. Related threads show at the bottom of every post, and people probably click on them not realizing that they are old.
Yep, it was me. And I didn't mean to, but it showed up when I was searching forums for a different topic.... sorry all, I will look at the date next time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know why everyone's so up in arms about this, and questioning your judgement as if you're not even a sane person just because you don't jive with your lab. I'm three months pregnant and have a 7 month old lab puppy and I hate the **** thing! I really feel you on this. My husband got the dog for bird retrieval during winter hunting, but is gone at least once a month for work. So I'm saddled with this dog (and I am not a dog person) I have to keep yelling my lungs out at her every second of every day so she doesn't grow up thinking it's ok to chew her way through the house, etc. it's not really the dogs fault, it's my husbands for being en epic jerk and leaving this needy, needy dog breed we me at least once a month, but in general, labs are dependent, overly energetic, clumsy, annoying, and clingy. On a good day. She follows me around all day staring at me and it's like "get a life, you sad sack! Go do something with your time!" But weirdly enough, there are lots of forums in which women who are pregnant hate their dogs, so maybe it's a pregnancy thing. Who knows.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't know why everyone's so up in arms about this, and questioning your judgement as if you're not even a sane person just because you don't jive with your lab. I'm three months pregnant and have a 7 month old lab puppy and I hate the **** thing! I really feel you on this. My husband got the dog for bird retrieval during winter hunting, but is gone at least once a month for work. So I'm saddled with this dog (and I am not a dog person) I have to keep yelling my lungs out at her every second of every day so she doesn't grow up thinking it's ok to chew her way through the house, etc. it's not really the dogs fault, it's my husbands for being en epic jerk and leaving this needy, needy dog breed we me at least once a month, but in general, labs are dependent, overly energetic, clumsy, annoying, and clingy. On a good day. She follows me around all day staring at me and it's like "get a life, you sad sack! Go do something with your time!" But weirdly enough, there are lots of forums in which women who are pregnant hate their dogs, so maybe it's a pregnancy thing. Who knows.
most obvious attempt at trolling ever

·
Registered
66 Posts
You said it best... "The only time he is good is when he is tired. It is ridiculous that I have to keep him exhausted all the time."

1. More exercise (Dog Parks, long walks, play fetch, etc.)
2. More Training
3. Hang in there, it will get better.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did you crate him? Take him to puppy class? Socialized him with other pups and people? Play with him? (- not just throw a toy at him). If not, YOU failed him. Since you obviously are not in it for the long run, call the breeder and give this pup a chance to be loved and adored by someone who appreciates that you get back what you put into a pet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sorry you are having this experience with your lab. There are two different lines of Labs. One bred and more suited for field and hunting and the other one is much calmer. Unfortunately sounds like your boy may be more suited for the field...needs a job...focus...release of energy. Labs are living creatures with their own personalities... each alittle different. I have 3 labs, 2 being brother and sister and they are all completely different in some ways yet typical lab characteristics in others (willing to please, love to be around people, loving) Sometimes when people don't know Labs and the genes that drive the lab they are about to buy they end up with the wrong line of lab for their home.

I agree with finding a different home for him. You may be able to train him...he may grow out of some of it but it doesn't sound like a good match with your household. I can say I wouldn't keep a dog I couldn't control either. There are lots of rescue groups out there and it sounds like you have had some good offers here too. Good luck and I hope everything works out !
Hello. I'm having the same problem. I specifically got an English Labrador (supposedly calmer). She is very assertive (borderline aggressive), no interest in pleasing, and does whatever she feels like doing. She is still quite young. But I'd like any advice. Yes I studied for 2 months before deciding on this breed. Talked with breeders also. I've owned Afghans, Dachshund, Queensland Heeler mix and an Italian Grayhound. I never had a dog like this Lab who absolutely acts like a wild woman at all times, training doesn't stick, and insist of using the bathroom in the house. I take her out a couple times an hour every hour during the day and about 3 to 4 times throughout the night.
She goes outside for quite some time. Sometimes she uses the bathroom other times she doesn't but as soon as she enters the house she goes. She'd rather chew anything but her toys, attacks me when she doesn't get her way. Supposedly Italian Grayhounds are difficult breeds (so people like to tell me) but I never had any difficulty with him. He learned fast, loved to please and was very pleasant. All my dogs have been great.
I assume it's me not her but she has me at my wits end. Where is the loyal loves to please Labrador who learns well every one talks about? We do spend time playing and running around even though she doesn't listen. I guess I can increase her activity even more and less crate time.
Maybe get a large playpen? Any mental stimulating toys you can recommend? Any other advice?

61 - 80 of 80 Posts