Just Labradors banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
heath, please respond back. Where are you located? We will be more than happy to help you. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I certainly hope your baby sleeps alot, is not colicky, does not fuss, never pukes, nor has blow outs, does not cry and never gets sick in any way. Don't think you can get rid of them, even if you don't like them.

If this puppy was properly trained, exercised and given the attention he needed from day one, he would never be in this behavior state. I have 7 labradors in my house all the time. Ages 6 years, 4 years, 3 years, 2 years, 15 months and two 13 week old puppies, along with two cats. The puppies already sit and wait for their meals and are potty trained, there is no counter surfing, no destroying of my things, no destructive behavior from any of them. The key is consistency~~~ day in and day out. Of course at this time this puppy realizes you do not like him so he could care less, it is the only way he gets attention. Call the breeder and take him back as soon as possible before this boy is ruined for life.

I also say do not bash the breed, they are a wonderful speciman but just like kids, they learn what they live.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I am so completely amazed that you would come onto a board full of Labrador enthusiasts and bash the breed. What exactly were you thinking?

Like everyone else here I am convinced that the problem is not the dog - it is the human. He would be better off in another environment where he will receive some leadership, training and an appropriate level is physical and mental exercise.

My dogs - Labs and not - never acted out the way that yours has - and the difference is how they were trained and managed from the day they arrived. My Lab puppy is undoubtedly the easiest dog I have ever owned.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I will be glad to help you rehome him. Please send me private message and let me know where you are located and we will get with a rescue group to help you.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OK let's not bash her or embarrass her. She asked for help, alot of people wouldn't even bother.

I really hope she comes back.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
OK let's not bash her or embarrass her. She asked for help, alot of people wouldn't even bother.

Exactly! At least she came to a lab enthusiasts place to find help. Don't bash her...and again...please PM me or Dani and we can help you place him. We do rescue for labs.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I really feel for you. I do. I have a horrible dog too. Hes obsurdly hyper, obsessive, creative, vindictive, boisterous and destructive to the point that at least once a week I could kill him. (Figuritively)

One thing he's never been: Hated.

I agree with the others, if the dog you bought and created isn't the one for you, and you cannot find it in your heart to give him half a chance once his needs have been met, please neuter him and turn him over to a rescue.

A dog is the dog you make it, regardless of breed. Please do post your location, as many of us here would be glad to get your Labby out of a home where he's hated.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Iso he could care less, it is the only way he gets attention.
I'm thinking that all the chasing has turned the 'discipline' into the funnest Lab-game ever!!! "HAW! Lookit Mom, red-faced and puffing and charging at me again! Wheeeeeeee!!!"

But that aside, yes, OP, please reach out to someone here and let us help this dog!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm thinking that all the chasing has turned the 'discipline' into the funnest Lab-game ever!!! "HAW! Lookit Mom, red-faced and puffing and charging at me again! Wheeeeeeee!!!"
Helloooo? Frankie! He's going to be 5 next week and it's all a big game to him. He can get away with absolutely anything with that face and that love of his. :love:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm also on board with the other members here, this dog deserves love, and a proper home, and you're unable to fulfill those requirements.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Sounds exactly like the situation my Daisy came from when we got her, overcrated & untrained. I agree with Laura, contact a RESCUE (dont just dump him off @ a pound!)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Yep, this dog definitely needs a place and a person (or people) who can give him the attention and training he needs. I realize you *are* giving him attention. But obviously it's not the right kind or amount.

With him in this stage of undisciplined, he's really going to take someone who knows what they are doing to get him trained and under control. Please let someone like that have this boy.

What I would really like is to let the OP see the dog after someone who know what they are doing has had him for even a short while. The OP needs to see that it is *not* the breed's fault or the individual dog's fault.

I would strongly suggest you not getting another dog. Some people just are not suited for dog ownership. Not a put-down. Just an observation.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm sorry you are having this experience with your lab. There are two different lines of Labs. One bred and more suited for field and hunting and the other one is much calmer. Unfortunately sounds like your boy may be more suited for the field...needs a job...focus...release of energy. Labs are living creatures with their own personalities... each alittle different. I have 3 labs, 2 being brother and sister and they are all completely different in some ways yet typical lab characteristics in others (willing to please, love to be around people, loving) Sometimes when people don't know Labs and the genes that drive the lab they are about to buy they end up with the wrong line of lab for their home.

I agree with finding a different home for him. You may be able to train him...he may grow out of some of it but it doesn't sound like a good match with your household. I can say I wouldn't keep a dog I couldn't control either. There are lots of rescue groups out there and it sounds like you have had some good offers here too. Good luck and I hope everything works out !

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I usually hope things can work out but in this case I think the dog will be better off in a home that can give him training, love and proper exercise. I do have to say something though.....labs require training and exercise. I have three field bred labs and all three live in my house. All are calm in the house. Each of my labs have ruined things in my house but it was usually through some fault of mine, not theirs. They are dogs after all. It takes alot of work to get a well behaved lab. Being pregnant and hating your lab is not a good mix....I don't see it getting any better. He deserves to be loved. Please find a rescue for him.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

I agree, she is obviously frustrated.. she came here for help so lets help her. Please come back. If you don't want to post on forum for everyone to see send someone who offered help a private message...please let us help you and your dog.

to access private messages, just click on someone's name and scroll to private message.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
The title of this thread makes me feel ill.

Help Me - I hate my lab!
How can you - anyone HATE a Lab? Please, for the dogs sake, find him a new home ASAP & don't ever get another one or ANY other dog for that matter. From the limited information you've given about yourself, it's obvious you're not a "dog person" so stay away from them. I suggest you don't get anything more demanding than a pet rock especially considering your pregnancy & then a new baby to consume your time & energy. Have you considered the consequences of having an out of control dog of any breed around a new born baby?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
If you are in Michigan, Ohio, or near that area, I will take the pup. I'm in the Ann Arbor area. If you are anywhere else, I'm sure we can arrange a transport to any of the members who would be willing to take him off your hands.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts