Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've been in my apartment since the end of August and am going to be moving out in July. I'll be moving into another apartment with a friend of mine that's bigger and nicer... It will have central heat/air, 2 bedrooms and a bigger kitchen. And it'll be wayy cheaper! :D

Anyways, I'm NOT painting the walls here, but I probably will in the next apartment. For my bedroom I'd like to do something like a dark turquoise.. maybe not on all the walls, maybe just 1 or 2 as accent walls. The living room area and dining area in the new apartment are connect and are shaped like an L, so I'm thinking of painting them all with a nice light brown-ish color. Any suggestions for those colors that would match well with my current furniture would be appreciated!

In my bedroom I was going for the dark brown-ish black furniture, with brown and turquoise as the main colors. In the living room I kind of went for browns and zebra textured stuff. The only thing I don't like is how my living room looks so BIG and spaced apart. I was thinking of using the current TV stand as a coffee table, which it's supposed to be anyways and getting a taller TV console with doors and more storage. I don't like how you can see the 43242 wires from the TV, DVD player, surround sound, cable box and Xbox 360. It bugs the crap outta me!

I definitely want to invest in drapes/curtains of some sort since the blinds are hideous!

Ok, here's pictures of what it looks like now:

Living room right when you walk in from the front door:


The couches (one is still covered up with a blanket, oops!) and the long wall of my apt:


Short wall with TV stand and shadow boxes:


Front door area and "dining room":


My POS kitchen! :D


Walking into the bedroom:


Desk area:


Bedroom from the corner:


I just threw up that Germany flag because it was the only thing big enough.. the blank space was bugging the CRAP out of me! :laugh:

So basically, let me know what you think I can do for somewhat inexpensive fixes to make it feel more homey and less like I just moved in! :D

TIA!

Justine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,457 Posts
The kitchen and 'walking nto the bedroom' photos are the sames as the ones before. :(

I'd make sure with your new landlord before you paint anything, especially a hard-to-cover color like dark turquoise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AmazonGold said:
The kitchen and 'walking nto the bedroom' photos are the sames as the ones before. :(

I'd make sure with your new landlord before you paint anything, especially a hard-to-cover color like dark turquoise.
Crap! My copy and paste has been screwy lately. Gonna fix that now. I already know that we can paint the walls whatever color we would like as long as we cover it with primer when we move out. :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,054 Posts
I would move all the shadow boxes over the TV closer together. They seem a little spread out. And maybe not so symmetrical?

As far as color, a nice spiced tan is always good. I had my entry hall painted "Spiced Vinegar" and I love it. Now I want it all over my house! It looks so rich and goes with almost every color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JeffersonsMom said:
I would move all the shadow boxes over the TV closer together. They seem a little spread out. And maybe not so symmetrical?

As far as color, a nice spiced tan is always good. I had my entry hall painted "Spiced Vinegar" and I love it. Now I want it all over my house! It looks so rich and goes with almost every color.
Yeah, I think when I move out in July into my next apartment I'll probably do something different with them. I just used one of the templates it came with in the box and now I think it's too perfect.

Is the color similar to this? http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Match-of-Pittsburgh-Paints-314-4-Spiced-Vinegar-p/mpc0020365.htm I do like that color. It's not too bold but it's very warm at the same time! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,054 Posts
Well it is hard to tell on a computer monitor, but maybe a little warmer toned?
I'll have to see if I can take a pic and post it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,457 Posts
Personally, I prefer a pale aqua-blue with dark chocolate brown, instead of dark turquiose. More contrast, not so dramatic and overpowering. But -- that's my taste, not yours. Love that spiced vinegar shade, it would be awesome in a living room or dining room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AmazonGold said:
Personally, I prefer a pale aqua-blue with dark chocolate brown, instead of dark turquiose. More contrast, not so dramatic and overpowering. But -- that's my taste, not yours. Love that spiced vinegar shade, it would be awesome in a living room or dining room.
Hmm.. that might look nice, too! I'm going to have to get some swatches from the store and see. If I did a lighter color in the bedroom I think I would paint all of the walls, but with the darker turquoise I'd probably only do an accent wall or two. :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,812 Posts
I won't offer any advice since I can't pull my own house together!!
Question. Is it worth doing all that painting if you are moving in July? I think I'd save my money and energy for your new apartment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Linda1 said:
I won't offer any advice since I can't pull my own house together!!
Question. Is it worth doing all that painting if you are moving in July? I think I'd save my money and energy for your new apartment.
:laugh: Well I'm moving out of this apartment in July and I was just asking for painting advice for my NEXT apartment. :happy: There's no way I'd waste that money for just a couple months!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,122 Posts
Oh, you're asking for advice for your next place? Yea, I wouldn't do a thing to this one if I were moving in July. That carpet really is hideous. Shame on your landlord for not replacing it!!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top