Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to spend all weekend with my BIL! He is 32, lives in a crappy apartment (with a roommate), has never been married, can't afford a car, and has a crappy job . . . but he has done everything, been everywhere, knows everyone, knows EVERYTHING! Being around him for more than 1/2 an hour at a time drives me insane! How can I take the whole weekend? We have had this weekend planned for a long time with my hubby's family, and he waited until now to tell me that his little brother was joining us. I might have to stay drunk all weekend! :rolleyes: Any other coping strategies that might work?

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Duck tape.:D

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Ear plugs! ;)

How about frequent long walks away from everyone else.

Otherwise, I'd go with the get drunk unless of course you are prone to hangovers. If that is the case, maybe not drunk but happy enough that you do give a **** about him & anything he says.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rope, lime, plastic bag, shovel...
LOL! He's pretty big, so it would be a lot of digging . . . although I could definitely find some helpers. He isn't very popular, even with his own family.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
We have a kid at work that "owns" so many cars, and so much else, always better than anything else anyone has. Been real quiet lately, cause well tell him "drive it to work and show us." All we see is the old rust mid 90's Buick.:D

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He timed it so you would still go :D

He needs to be punished.
Oh, he will be punished. When he told me, he followed it up with . . . it won't be a big deal, I will keep him occupied . . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with the drinking. That and always one-up his stories.
I love to pull out my Blackberry and prove his stories wrong. My son was drinking a root beer once, and he asked, "Where do they make this stuff." And without missing a beat, BIL says, "Hmmmm, let me think. They have 4 bottling plants; one in Indiana, one in Colorado, one in California, and oh . . . I can't remember where the other one is . . . oh yeah, in Vermont." Huh? I pulled out my Blackberry, went to the website and told my son that it was only bottled in one place and told him where. BIL says, "Oh, you know what? I was thinking about a different brand. You're right it is bottled in Alabama (or where ever it was). :eek: LOSER!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I love to pull out my Blackberry and prove his stories wrong. My son was drinking a root beer once, and he asked, "Where do they make this stuff." And without missing a beat, BIL says, "Hmmmm, let me think. They have 4 bottling plants; one in Indiana, one in Colorado, one in California, and oh . . . I can't remember where the other one is . . . oh yeah, in Vermont." Huh? I pulled out my Blackberry, went to the website and told my son that it was only bottled in one place and told him where. BIL says, "Oh, you know what? I was thinking about a different brand. You're right it is bottled in Alabama (or where ever it was). :eek: LOSER!
This actually works, if you do that just a couple of times, I bet he shuts right up!:D If that doesn't work i vote the drinking for you, and the Duct tape for him, don't forget a sock in the mouth first, it muffles more of the noise and include the nose! For that you'll need the " wide" roll!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I'd be a little afraid that getting drunk enough to tolerate the asshat will also loosen your tongue and your inhibitions, and you will be telling him off a bit too much for the family.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.