Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are in the process of looking at getting a new Jeep Cherokee Rocky Mountain edition Jeep (I already have a lifted Wrangler)... Problem is, we are trading in the Hub's subaru (which the dogs can get in and out of quite easily).... I was wondering/hoping you could help...Indy is going on 11 and Jobe is going on 9... so they are both older fellows...Indy has chronically severe arthritis and Jobe (well he's a tank and tried to take out his shoulder the last jump into my jeep, soooo... less on their old goober bones the better)...

I've done some research, but since I have no experience or havent been able to try one..... what types of portable dog ramps (thinking of a bi or tri fold that doesnt take up more room when stored in the truck), worked the best for you...looking to spend about 100 bux... any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stairs would be to hard to store with the dogs in the Jeep... but I did check the site and there are some cool ramps that are very reasonable, so thank you......

I personally have never used a ramp and wondered how hard it would be to "teach an old dog a new trick", so to speak.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
The stairs would be to hard to store with the dogs in the Jeep... but I did check the site and there are some cool ramps that are very reasonable, so thank you......

I personally have never used a ramp and wondered how hard it would be to "teach an old dog a new trick", so to speak.
I have a Grand Cherokee too and I've been thinking of getting a ramp too. Libby can no longer jump in the back, this jeep is higher than my last one, they have to crawl in the back seat and then up. I'm glad you asked this question.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Grand Cherokee too and I've been thinking of getting a ramp too. Libby can no longer jump in the back, this jeep is higher than my last one, they have to crawl in the back seat and then up. I'm glad you asked this question.
From one Jeep/lab lover to another...not a problem...How old is your Cherokee and how do you like it....I've owned my Wrangler since 2003 and have put the tinker toy through the works with rock climbing and trailriding, and I LOVE THE THING, no complaints... but with it being lifted and with 33 MTs on, its too much for daily highway driving long distances...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I need a ramp too.. with tuck now 7 and koda, not yet 2 but will be arthritic her entire life, it's probably time i invested in one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts