Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this from my cousin's fiance. I don't have any more info yet than is posted below. I am trying to get more. These people are here in Long Island (Wantagh area I think) in NY. Anyone have any suggestions...much appreciated.

Please let me know if you know of anyone who might be interested!? Scott (my friend) rescued 6 black lab (mix) puppies out of the middle of the road on Saturday. PLEASE help me find them homes - otherwise, it's Animal Control - which means they only have 5 days. We've bathed them, sprayed them for fleas and wormed them....but we can't keep them. They are currently in a kennel in my basement since I don't have a fence. I've lost count of the number of rescue groups that I've contacted, only to be turned down due to no room.
Please check with every dog person you know to see if they want a puppy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I called my sister..she is a groomer.. and the owner of her shop does rescue work. We adopted our Shep. mix Guinness from them..She is calling the owner to see if he will take them. There are here on the island too..Babylon Village..about 20 mins or so from Wantagh..I will let you know..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Denise..My sisters shop will take them..do you know if they are being bottle fed or are the older..Please let me know..they can take them as soon as your friend can get them there..I will PM you with the information on the shop and who to contact!!!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No...this is legit.

Kallie - my cousin is going to have her friend who found the puppies call me. My cousin does not know how they are being fed. She will find out. Thank you so much. PM me contact info for the rescue/groomer. Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I PM'd you her shop/ contact info..They can take them as soon as they can get them there..Please keep me posted..I hope everything can work out!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no idea what is going on. This may be untrue. I cannot believe she (and then me) was duped. WTF. I appreciate the efforts Kallie. Not sure what is really up. I will let you know. Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Its okay..at least we tried to get them homes..I would much rather it have been untrue..then those poor babies having to go to a shelter..

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
It's a hoax. Exact same email went through the vet school list serve last spring, and just a few weeks ago. Sorry :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts