Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home on a semi-urgent basis. Mom was in the hospital and they would not discharge her unless someone was at home with her for 2 weeks. Since brother is working and has family, I came down, since my job is mobile. Been here a week and ready to go back to Oregon. Anywhoo, been seeing a bunch of friends. Friend from my old barn insisted I get on her horse (haven't been on a horse in 6 years, plus wearing jeans and sneakers :rolleyes:), but I managed.

Traffic still sucks down here and people are still @sshole drivers. Went to see my horses in the desert on Saturday and was pretty much stuck in traffic all the way home once I hit LA and Orange counties. :mad: Don't miss it, don't miss it all.

This is Gigant, a 4th level dressage horse.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Handsome horse!

I hope your Mom feels better :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope your mom is feeling ok. That's nice that you could be there for her. Where in So Cal are you?
My mom lives in Huntington Beach, about 4 miles from the ocean. Right now I'm at my brother's working in Orange. He has internet, my mom does not. My mother is doing great. Thanks everyone. She developed extreme weakness to the point that she could not get out of bed and basically had to crawl to the bathroom. She woke up like this for 2 days in a row, finally she called her doctor. They sent her to the ER where they did find a massive urinary tract infection, but that was not the cause of her weakness. That was an incidental finding when they were running a bunch of tests. She does have some spinal stenosis, but it was determined that her statin medication was causing the problem. She had been on Zocor for years, but eventually statin medications can cause this problem. It has been discontinued and her strength has come back.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I live in Riverside, but am usually in Orange County (Irvine) for work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I would have loved to meet you! But will be in Maui tomorrow, so maybe next time!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts