Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! we just got our new puppy tonight. We lost our previous dog "thor" to an unfortunate accident so we now have Odin who has been named in memory of Thor :) . Odin is a black lab! I am hoping that this dog will help myself and my family become more active and healthier. Getting out for walks and maybe even a jog some day haha. He's only 8 weeks old so that wont be for a while yet! I took a couple of pictures tonight but he's the same color as our couch and just blends right in so you cant even see him in the picture haha.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome from another Ontariariarion. :) So sorry to hear you have gone through the pain of loss recently. I am sure Odin will fill your house with doggy love you need. Can't wait to see photos. My own black boy is named Oban, which people often mistake for Odin. Odin is the god of thunder? Or is that Thor? Are you of Norse descent?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome! Love to see a picture of Odin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from another Ontariariarion. :) So sorry to hear you have gone through the pain of loss recently. I am sure Odin will fill your house with doggy love you need. Can't wait to see photos. My own black boy is named Oban, which people often mistake for Odin. Odin is the god of thunder? Or is that Thor? Are you of Norse descent?
Odin was the king of gods. I am not of Norse descent but am a big fan of it. The vikings show on history was really good! We actually wound up changing his name... we found that the constant reminder wasn't helping and that I in particular need to realize that he's not thor. He's now named "Argo", name change did not seem to bother him LOL. Where in Ontario are you guys? I am in Kingston! heading to bed shortly as my oldest son and I are making a trip to the pickering flea market, blue jays game and maple leaf square tomorrow! going to be a long day! all that plus a 3 hour drive haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he loves playing with the boys on the trampoline! and they have been so gentle with him as well. they crawl and he jumps and chases them haha

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Welcome! Argo is a sweetheart.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Welcome to a fellow Canadian. Argo is a cutie, enjoy him

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was searching through emails and came across this post… Argo had to be put down yesterday and we are just beside ourselves. He was the perfect family dog and did everything and more that I had hoped. He helped raise our children and got my wife and I into the outdoors and healthy, both of us losing close to 100lbs. 8.5 years wasn’t nearly enough for such a good dog, our hearts are broken.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts