Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all! my name is ann (33) dh is 37...we used to live in portland, oregon but moved up to anchorage, alaska 1 year ago (i grew up here) to be near family - my mom lives here (the other option was to go to nj to be near dh's family :eek:). i'm a sahm (stay-at-home-mom) to 3 kids...max (6) ella (4) and evan (10mos - a girl ;D ) and we have 2 furkids...nush (pronounced newsh) a 10 mo old choc lab and heidi a 5 mo old mini schnauzer. dh is having his first go at dog training - he just completed a basic obedience class w/ nush....we got him @ 7mos and he came with some training. he's also learning the basics of retriever training...they're having a lot of fun! :) i start obedience training w/ heidi next week .... noticed people were complaining about a lot of small dogs lacking obedience/manners and i completely agree. ;)

anywhoo...hope to get to know you all and learn from you....

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Welcome Ann, DH, Heidi, and Nush. Looking forward to hear about the further adventures of Nush and Heidi. Don't forget to post pictures.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no - didn't know there was a registered kennel name the same... ??? does that mean i'm supposed to change my username because of that??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello from the North Pole. I've been LastFrontierLabs on several boards since 2002. I know that you just moved here, so you probably didn't know. I'm not going to say you have to change your name (how could I really?), but it would be good to prevent confusion, especially if you are going to post on other retriever related boards.

Now, did you get Nush in Anchorage or in Portland? Who are you training with in Anchorage? There are good folks to train with in the Midnight Sun Gun Dog Association and the Alaska Working Retriever Club. Both have very knowledgable members who can really help you and your hubby with training.

Enjoy this nice weather and have fun training. Maybe I'll meet you this summer.
sherri

·
Registered
837 Posts
lastfrontierlab said:
no - didn't know there was a registered kennel name the same... ??? does that mean i'm supposed to change my username because of that??
Well, since she posts on this and other message boards, I would.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts