Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud and slightly harried mum of three beloved Labs.

Roxie...my 4 year-old black Lab and Maxie...my 9 year-old chocolate Lab:

Then there is our latest addition...Bree, the 4 month-old yellow Lab:

I look forward to contributing and learning from this forum...as well as making new online friends!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Welcome- What part of Alaska are you from? Went up there for a vacation and DID NOT
want to leave. Great pics of the dogs -love little Bree

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reside outside of Wasilla, AK. I know what you mean...I came up here to hunt for a home and didn't wish to return to the -48 to pack ;) It is a beautiful place to live.
Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your dogs are beautiful and I love the color combinations. Why limit yourself to one?! :) I work with several people who have been stationed in Alaska with the Air Force and they all say the same thing - they wanted to stay forever. We definately have your state on our list of "places to go" when we retire.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. Your dogs are beautiful and I love the color combinations. Why limit yourself to one?! :) I work with several people who have been stationed in Alaska with the Air Force and they all say the same thing - they wanted to stay forever. We definately have your state on our list of "places to go" when we retire.
Thank you :) When you are ready to visit, let on and I'll (hopefully) have a good list of 'must-do/see' things for you here. :) May take a few years...there is so MUCH to see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going up there was by far the vacation of a lifetime
What did you see/where did you go?? Spring has finally arrived (geese have made it and sprouts are sprouting ;) ) I cannot wait to be out and about with the camera!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Going up there was by far the vacation of a lifetime
I'm going for 10 days in June as sort of a belated honeymoon. It's costing me an arm and a leg but I'm sure it will be worth every penny of it. I can't wait.

Welcome to the board Red - cute pooches!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all...very much! :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
We landed in Sitka-stay there 2 days -boarded a 50 ft yacht and traveled the inside passage for 10 days-then flew out of Kake-ended up in Juneau for 3 days.

Next trip I'd like to go up North further perhaps for a fishing adventure. I still go on-line to look at the houses that are available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts