Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question from my daughter. I told her it's ok to give them green beans to help them lose weight.
One of the labs has no problem eating them. The other one tasted a bean and spit it out. She tried different beans thinking possibly one might have tasted sour. No luck. He usually does whatever the other dog does whether it involves eating, playing, sleeping, pooping, etc. He watches her eat a bean and looks puzzled as to why she is getting something and he isn't. I don't know what to say. Does anyone have a lab who dislikes green beans?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Gabby is supposed to be on green beans for her diet.

She hates them, but I disguise them by draining the fluid that canned green beans come in and replacing it with chicken broth.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I've got three. The only way I can slip one past them is to mix it in with their kibble. They eat that so fast that they don't bother picking them out. They'd never eat one out of my hand.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
What style of bean do you give? I give the French cut beans as opposed to the regular cut ones. Might be a texture issue, the regular cut ones are kind of rubbery.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These 2 dogs are cannibals. They stop at nothing. Last time I was up there (NY) I bought a box of Munchkins to bring back home. (They taste different in NY.) I put them into two zip lock baggies then put those inside 2 brown paper bags. I had them on the kitchen counter ready to go in my bag when we left for the airport. We left the house for about 30 minutes and when we got back, all that remained was some powdered sugar. They ate the zip lock bags and the brown bags too. They have gone into the steel garbage pail in the kitchen and dug out unopened packets of hot sauce from Taco Bell and ate that too!! Why he would spit out a bean is beyond me. My daughter was eating fresh ones so I guess they were thicker than the French cut ones. I told her to try mixing them with their food - especially since they snort the whole bowlful down in 2 seconds. I don't know if she did that yet or not.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Maybe he just doesn't like them?? CJ likes green beans. But he had a two spoons of chicken soup added to his dinner one night and ate around the carrots... ::)

G

·
Both my dogs love the DelMonte french cut green beans. I use to feed each 6 cups of kibbles, now I feed each 4 cups with half a can each of the green beans on top of the kibbles. Seems to satisfy them :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts