Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nine years old.

Hardly seems possible.

You are still as handsome as the devil. And a mischevious scamp. Even if you do take naps that are longer and longer. And sag a little more in the searing heat of summer.

The memories are a blur. Meeting you for the first time with your gaggle of brothers and sisters. Bringing you home. DD#1, who was a whopping six years old at the time, couldn't remember your name: "What's my doggie's name again?"

WESLEY.

Teenage years were tough, pal. Eileen almost booted you to the curb over your stubbornness and brattiness.

Luckily, we found the best trainer ever. Who loves you almost as much as we do.

Titles followed. Meh. I tried to keep it fun and not get caught up in the ribbons.

You helped more than you'll ever know with the losses. Especially Dad. To whom you were, behind his Basset Hound Murphy, the second-best dog on the planet. You listened as I grieved during our walks those chilly, dark mornings. And how I grieved. And how you listened.

And now you're a gentle giant of a service dog. Who so patiently puts up with the kids who want to scrungle all over you rather than sit and read.

Anyway. HBTY. Handsome. Wise. But still raffish. Browny eyes filled with wisdom. Floppy ears that forbid the world from taking you too seriously. My Wes.

:)

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Awww, brought tears to my eyes. Happy Birthday, Wes!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Aw man, not allowed to make me cry at work!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WES!!!!!!!! (Unlike your Dad, Wes, I will actually spell it out!) :p

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESLEY, YA BIG LUG!!!

Hugs to you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts