·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I couldn't even watch it with a title like that: "Horse Jumping Gone Wrong"

Who in their right mind can?!?!?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Been there done that. One pretty much knocked my nerve so bad I gave up jumping. The only thing I remember seeing was the frogs of his feet. I tried to get up and was not able to scared the hell out of me.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see the "agony of defeat" as the human spirit soaring. To get back on a horse after these types of falls takes guts.
I have a compression fracture of T5 and T6. Am **** lucky I wasn't paralyzed, but I got back on my horse (after an eight month hiatus).

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I could not watch it - I hate seeing animals get hurt, and visions of Christopher Reeve were going through my mind. :(

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No animals got hurt... these are some great still shots of rider mishaps. I'd better dollars to donuts most of these riders got up and got back on as well.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
The positions some of those people landed in are unbelievable. :eek: It looks like they would've broken their necks. I am shaken up after seeing those. You are braver than I if you got back on a horse after taking a spill like that.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Ah yes, the three day eventers! Yes, many do get seriously hurt and some killed - both riders and horses. I can't ride anymore after a fall due which screwed up my back but it was not from jumping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts