Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a Lab has given me a different perspective on things...when I am out shopping

Wicker baskets or furniture of any kind... dog chew toy

Furry accent pillows for the living room... dog chew toy

Expensive frilly underware...why bother, a dog will eventually find it, then I'll find it in pieces next.

Expensive leather sofa...I'll spend all my time worrying about muddy paws (okay this one is a cat scratching post worry also)

Beautiful expensive rug...first dog vomit incident, I'll regret spending the money.

Expensive wooden furniture...what's that scratch, looks like dog nails to me.

Expensive luxurious car, like a Volvo S60...can't fit three dogs in comfortably and they're going to run the nice interior, I'll stick with my 8yr old Explorer thank you.

Has your perspective changed too?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Well I have shy'ed away form the expensive frilly underwear LOL ;)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Yes it has & I will admit....for the better. Since having labs I have;

Stopped wearing white pants when I'm out with the girls. (Black labs)

Only taking vacations where they can come with us.

Given up hope of a beautiful lush lawn. ::)

Given up some friends who are not dog people.

Made new friends who are lab lovers. :)

Realizing I would rather be at home with my girls then out with some people!

Best of all...realizing my life is so much better with labs. :)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Yeah I can say that it has. I am more aware of shelters and the work they do.

I never knew dogs were fostered

I notice glass, sharp objects, etc in the yard I would have never noticed before.

I plan errands where I cannot take Tal around his exercise so he will sleep while I am gone

met lots of nice people I would probably never have met otherwise

When deciding something I consider how it will affect Tal

And last but not least how a happy wagging tail can make all the troubles of the day seem so far removed...

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I definitely agree that my life has changed for the better but what started this was that I was out the other night shopping with a friend (non-dog friend that is) and she would say things like, look at that lovely wicker basket and I'd say dog chew toy or look at that (very expensive) sofa and I'd say I can see the muddy paw prints now ;). We definitely have different perspectives.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Yeah, you learn that a new couch will only be new for about a hour.
Your clean carpet is only clean until it dries.
Your solitary potty break becomes a lab event with everyone coming in to wait. ::)
Grocery shopping is done at breakneck speed, because you have to hurry home to the girls
(this is a good thing, I spend less money that way) ;D
My beautiful lawn was really a pain in the butt to keep up so now I don't worry about it ;)
No more loneliness, you are NEVER alone with labs around
And when I drive down the street towards home, I see a beautiful face watching and waiting for me. :) :) :)
It doesn't get any better than that. It's worth it all. ;D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Yes, so true!

Gosh...I probably can't even begin to list all the ways my life has changed with Angus and Simon. Crash fit into "our" life a little easier. He was just an easy boy. But Angus required so many adjustments to our lifestyle, my life doesn't even remotely resemble what it was three years ago. Not even close!

De-landscaped the backyard because I was afraid Angus would eat toxic plants.

Lost all the grass in the backyard.

My previously long hair has gotten shorter and shorter and shorter until it is now about 2" long!

Bought the kitchen floor that looked the best with blonde and black Lab hair (we actually tested floors by putting hair on them)

Didn't watch television for two years. There are still only a couple of shows I watch now. Every night is training the boys.

Kevin eats lunch at home every day to let the boys out. He also walks them, rain or shine, and has only missed a couple of days when he was just too sick to do it. :angel:

Not as much extra money...if I have a dollar it seems to go to something for the dogs.

All my t-shirts are dog-themed. :p

My Christmas list was made up of mostly things for the dogs. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts