Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may sound strange but I am so proud of myself. Since I was about 4 years old I have suffered from major anxiety attacks and depression due to alot of horrible stuff that happened to me. Its been a struggle for years since my mom never knew how to deal with me and couldn't afford therapy. I also struggled with cutting and an eating disorder. Its actually amazing im still alive if you want to know the truth. Anyways this past October I had a major break down and my family kind of did an intervention and took me to a clinic that was for people without insurance. After getting out of there I was refered to group therapy five days a week along with personal therapy sessions once every other week and three different meds.

I feel great. For the first time in my 20 years I wake up and don't feel like I don't want to be here. I can handle confrontation much better and my temper is near non existent. And most importantly I have gone from a girl who used to sob and I mean SOB two to three times a day to a girl who hasent cried in months aside from tearing up reading a book lol. I am so SO happy because I finally feel like I am slowly but surely healing. My social anxiety is something that is taking a bit more work but im getting there. I just love waking up and feeling good and calm. I finally feel like I am thinking clearly and its wonderful. I would say my new year is starting off great :D.

Sorry if this post was heavy but I just wanted to share :D.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
that's great news! i can't imagine what a relief it must be for you to feel this way.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
You should be very proud of yourself. And I think it's a big step even telling us these private things about yourself. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much everyone :D. It means alot to me to have all your support and know you don't think im a freak lol.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm so happy for you, it must be such a load off. They say therapy can do wonders. :happy:

T

·
0 Posts
That's great!!!!!! Yes, I second the may God bless you and keep you well too (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I am so happy you have found the help you needed. I wish you continued strength and a wonderful new life.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
That's great! I'm really happy for you. It's TOUGH, dealing with all that stuff, and anyone who can get through it at all as some gumptioin as far as I'm concerned. You go girl! :happy:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts