Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This book seems to pop up a lot. I have never read it and tried to find it. I can't.

Is it worth getting the book store to order it for me.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
YES! If your a lab lover I know you will love the book. It will have you busting out laughing and quietly sobbing. It is wonderful!
Hope you can find it. :)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
My mother bought it for me for Easter. I can't bring myself to read it yet, so I have it put away for when I'm ready (it's still too close to when we had **** pts).

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I bought it a year ago and read it on a day off last week. I enjoyed it. Chris if you want it, I'll take care of it let me know

Eric

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Chris, it's a good cry. I'm glad I read it before we lost Shadow, though. It would have been way too hard to read it now.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I'm sure you'll be able to relate, Chris...it has a bit of everything. Quite humorous.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
kassabella said:
I didn't realise it made you cry.

I don't usually read books that make me cry.
Chris, it's a good book. Well worth the cry. After you read it, you'll be kicking yourself for not writing a book about Ernie's antics. I really think you should write a book about Ernie though!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
i read it and it also made me cry...especially after my two goldens died within a month apart from one another. however, i laughed more than i cried so it's really worth a read.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I didn't want to cry, so I stopped before I got to the end.

I LOVED the book, and I think you would too, Chris. But you'll probably think Ernie makes Marley look like an amateur. ;)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Chris, I think you of all people would appreciate Marley's exploits!! ;D

If it makes you too sad, don't read the end...but for the rest of the book, you MUST get ahold of it! It is so funny.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
PM me with your address and I'll send it to you. Me and 2 of my kids read it, DD said "whats the fuss, he was just a dog?" (age 16 not that into dogs :'() DS (age 15) "mom I cried and I loved it, what a great book" and he hates to read! ???. No one else wants to read it so, if you want I'll mail it out to you.
Terri

G

·
I bought it at the airport a couple of weeks ago. Read the first half on the flight out and the second half on the flight back....and wound up sobbing sitting in my aisle seat about 45 minutes out from landing. Boy did I feel stupid!

So, read it at home. :)

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
You should be able to get it at your local public library - that's where I got it. It's been out long enough that you shouldn't have a problem getting it.

I enjoyed it, although it wasn't quite as great as I was expecting (maybe because I don't have a misbehaving pure-bred lab).

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I tried to find it in my university library but both copies are checked out until the 3rd. I bet the people wont return them ::)

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Apollopuppy said:
I tried to find it in my university library but both copies are checked out until the 3rd. I bet the people wont return them ::)
You should just be able to put a hold on it, so when it becomes available you'll get an email from the library and then you can go in and pick it up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts