Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work nights. I get off at midnight and get into bed by 1:00 a.m. I'm tired when I get into bed.

Ruger and Remington sleep in the bed with me. Ruger sleeps by my feet and Remington sleeps by my head.

I'm a light sleeper so I wake up if they move (which thankfully they don't do too much of).

Last night Remington sat bolt upright. I opened one eye. He arched his back like he was stretching and PUKED on the bed, a nice pile of dog food puke.

****, I was so tired... and when I saw him start to eat it back down, I just rolled over to face the wall.

This morning there isn't even a stain on the bedspread :p

Okay, I guess ya'll really think a lot less of me now..... ;)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
LMBO been there, done that...

Only problem was I forgot about it and a couple days later the bed spread started to stink :-X

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
No, once I hear the tell-tale about to puke noise, I'm wide awake! Usually I'm quick enough to get the horking one to the bathroom making clean up a lot easier.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I'm so with you there... but he made NO NOISE. Not the usual "hurka-gurka" noises. No noise at all. Just opened his mouth and out it came. I was amazed that he was so quiet ;D

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
With all that you do in your waking hours, yeah! I can imagine you being that tired at the end of your work shift.

I'll bet when you got up you washed the bed clothes and went off to tend the horse, the pool, the flowers, and you probably worked on a painting or two. :)

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
The first 2 times Cinnamon puked I was quick enough to get the trash can under her mouth. She must learn quickly because the last time she puked in it all by herself.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
I was amazed that he was so quiet
Awww, he was trying to let you sleep!! :D

She must learn quickly because the last time she puked in it all by herself.
Karon, that's awesome! I must teach that to Henery!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Been there done that....I am a very heavy sleeper tho. Somehow I think we know when it is a "normal" move like getting off the bed to go sleep in his crate or the sofa vs puking. Tho once Tal went into the LR and there was a pile on the carpet. I guess he didn't wanna wake me.. ???

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Uh, maybe. Yeah, maybe I've been so slow to get out of bed that there wasn't anything. Maybe I just imagined that sound, yeah that was it, I imagined it.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
LOL..one night..I heard Kelly throwing up..but..I was so tired...I just couldn't move out of the bed..she slept on the floor, carpeted floor that is.
Wellllllllllllllll..a few hours later..I had to go to the bathroom..and foggy as I was..forgot about the throwing up..and on the way back into bed..guess what..I FOUND IT..with my bare feet..and it was ice cold and mushy...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrghhh..I said the h*ll with it..and went back to sleep after wiping my foot off of course..and cleaned it in the a.m. Disgusting..I know :(
Jackie

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Hmmmmmmm - I think I'll reserve thinking about this ;) If I hear any sound of dogs vomiting in our house, I make sure I wake up SU and then pretend to be asleep. He has less tolerance for dog puke than I do.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
:D

I would be entirely capable of doing something like that. I don't let much come between me and my sleep. :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts